Questions about iTunes:

The Author

So I use iTunes to manage my music library. I don't want a discussion explaining every way possible in which I am wrong in doing so, it's not gonna change.

It's been a while since I downloaded stuff from OCRemix, mainly because I tend to wait for torrents.

Here are the issues right now with updating the music:

1: I have up to what apparently was remix 1500, and the current torrents seem to go from 1001 to 1900, which means there would be duplicates. Is there a way to update MP3s in iTunes where duplicates are not an issue?

2: I believe there has been an update in the remix file info convention since I last downloaded, will that screw up with point 1 to a point where I would just be better off deleting all OCR related songs and starting from scratch?

3: Specific albums, I want to have them in my collection, but I end up with the same issue of duplicates, this time with different album info, with the remixes that have been added to the main site.

So, any iTunes wizards can help me with this?

(that is to say, if you have a time saving suggestion, I'm all ears, but if not, then I will have to do some repetitive work solving all these issues manually)

If you want to keep the 'old' versions and just add the ones you don't already have, you could just copy the files from wherever the torrent put them to wherever you have them now (as long as they're not in a bunch of folders or otherwise sorted) and choose not to overwrite any duplicates.

Hi, I'm using Media Monkey to sort, tag and categorise my music collection. Main difference between there two programs is that Media Monkey have tree-folders view, what Itunes have not :)

After I categorise new files and modify old ones, I run Itunes, delete old files by myself from Itunes library, add new and modified files, and then - sinc Itunes with Ipod.

Also, I think about normal hdd player on the christmas :) Can You help me to choose one?