OCR01160 - *YES* Sonic Adventure 'Lightspeed'

djpretzel

This is S|r_NutS, again, hoping that this one will arrive and doesn't get lost in the infamous time-space vortex, here is my Mix:

Its a Sonic Adventure Remix of the Twinkle Park theme. I've heard this theme appeared first on Sonic 3d Blast game or something. Anyways, this is just what you would expect I would submit. TRANCE. As always, made and mastered in Fruity Loops, no sfs, only vsti's blah blah etc.

On a side note, I just heard Darkesword's remix of this theme and noted some similarities with mine. i just wanted to point that out, because someone could think I stole some of the concepts of that mix.

Enjoy.

Ok, I'm having a problem with the synth riffs that show up many times. Example: at 2:30. They are in a major progression, if I'm not mistaken, but the chords are minor. Its flawed.

Perhaps this doesnt matter. Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps I'm being a dumbshit fucktard asshole faggot.

Either way, the flaw sticks out like a sore thumb to me and considering that the rest of the song is pretty much just a beefed up techno rendition of the original,

[b ]NO

Well, he fixed the problem, not exactly as I would have had him fix it. Its fixed nevertheless.

so YES as I promised.

Still I was borderline on this mix anyway. Soundquality is great. Theres some innovation, but in the end its really a BOOMTISH of the original song. Go for more next time.

*sonic* ... *lightspeed* !

heh, mae's vocals are kinda cheesy, but forgivable in the context. what i like about this is that there has been an acceptable amount of variation on the original theme, making it a passable trance mix. not as tight as it could be but it's got just enough of the good stuff to make it over the bar in my mind.

yes

Solid mix. I think it's sort of generic trance. I mean, when we have so much of this style, I would like to see some more innovation. Midee might call this BoomTss, BoomTss, BoomTss. I did enjoy the part at 1:50 the most.

Not too daring, but it's a positive arrangement that works and is above the line. Next time though, try something more creative.

YES