SNSD, Lady Gaga, and Britney Megamix

Robotaki

Hey guys!

I'm back with another mega-remix of a bunch of artists from all parts of the globe. The roster for this electro mix is:

1. SNSD - Genie

2. Lady Gaga - Paparazzi

3. Britney Spears - Toxic

[4. Royksopp - Tricky Tricky] <-- it's a really small appearance in the mix.

There was a lot of sample cutting and manipulation to get an active electro mix, but I focused on keeping things as seamless as possible between the songs. The general form goes SNSD - Lady Gaga and Royksopp - SNSD - Britney - SNSD.

DOWNLOAD:

SNSD 소녀시대 - Genie 소원을 말해봐 (Robotaki Remix).mp3

MV ON YOUTUBE:

Hope you like it!

p.s. I find the source tunes insanely catchy, lol. Got the worst case of ear worms right now.

This mix is friggin addicting. I listened to it for hours a few nights ago while coding. Awesome job! One thing though - having listened to all of the original songs, I heard a lot of elements in your mix (particularly heavy drums, saw basslines and some assorted synth stabs) that weren't in the originals. Did you add your own stuff too? For example, around 1:50, as well as 2:02. I don't recognize those elements.

Haha, I'm glad you like it man! Yeah, I added a whole bunch of synths to the originals, phattened up the beat, and added transition FX. The points you picked out are sections exactly where there's only sample slicing going on on top of what I laid out. Other times I just brought out melodies by layering the passages with lead synths.

The MV is officially up on YouTube (I ended up using Vegas Pro 8 to make the video) Happy listening/viewing!

Wow, that was simply awesome. I'm glad you decided to make a well-put-together video for it too, this mix deserves serious eye-candy. I do quite poorly at mash-ups myself, but this flowed so nicely, and the song choices fit perfectly.

I'm still biased, though, I love SNSD the most. Genie is incredibly catchy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...