December is OCR Reviews Month!

OceansAndrew

It is December, and you know what that means! It is Review Month, the month that we encourage everyone to give something back to the mixers who have filled up the site with their delicious remixes by telling them what we think of all their hard work!

Last year was pretty pwnsome, and the intrepid listeners of OCR saved DJSeal from a brutal clubbing by reviewing over 900(0!!!) tracks and getting him to turn Super Sealyin. This year will be even better, because we have BADGES!!

5.png10.png25.png

That's right, just by reviewing tracks, you will be able to earn badges to place in your signature. Since we trust all of you implicitly, it's going by the honor system, but it's a good way to let people know that you are supporting the site via reviews, and also, if someone manages to reach the lofty goal of 200 (well written) reviews, not only do they get the big platinum trophy of epic honor, but they also can request a single song that i'll remix for them to the best of my ability. :o

Also, something new this year is our mini-podcast! Once a Week, DragonAvenger and I take you through a few random tracks, and also a "hidden gem" that we specifically picked out that needs a bit of review lovin'.

Podcast Episode 1

To add to the excitement of our super podcast, we'll play a drinking game (alcohol if you are over 21, or delicious and wholesome milk if you are under). Every time either of us say the word "definitely", take a drink! SO FUN! Also, we need a good podcast name, so hit us up with suggestions!

To help you get starting on your remix reviewing adventures, here are a few helpful links to get you started:

The least-reviewed ReMixes

The ReMixes who have not been reviewed in a long time

The Reviewer HALL OF HONOR

DragonAvenger - 100 reviews

42 - 100 reviews

The Otaku - 25 reviews

Liz - 50 reviews

HitoriJaNai - 5 reviews

OA - 100 reviews

Avaris - 10 reviews

Emunator - 200 reviews

Sir_Downunder - 100 reviews

Nutritious - 25 reviews

Bahamut - 10 reviews

K.B. - 10 reviews

Jack Polo - 10 reviews

Rozovian - 25 reviews

Andrew refuses to let me call the podcast "OverClocked Remix Roulette Reviews" AKA "ORRR". I'll get over it, eventually.

As always, I'm really hoping people join up on this campaign to give some nice quality reviews to the tracks on the site. OA and I have really found some awesome pieces of music that I know I would have never listened to on my own without going through as I have.

Also, listen to our 'awesome' podcast, and give us some reviews! We certainly are new at this, but if you people like it, we'd like to possibly extend it beyond just December.

Thanks to anyone who participates!

So I had a post, deleted it after actually reading the op, and am now recreating it.

Nothing against badges (not even a gratuitous quote), but wouldn't a regular sig also be cool? It wouldn't have to be updated since there are now badges, just an edited pic with December Is Reviews Month or whathaveyou.

I suggest because I think it would be cool. And because I would like to have one. I've also been looking around for a sig pic since 9pm in anticipation so, if there's interest, here's my favorite:

vlcsnap-107035.png

(Scar just got done reviewing Zazu)

Would need a better quality snap, but you get the idea.

Yes?

Nothing against badges (not even a gratuitous quote), but wouldn't a regular sig also be cool? It wouldn't have to be updated since there are now badges, just an edited pic with December Is Reviews Month or whathaveyou.

I suggest because I think it would be cool. And because I would like to have one. I've also been looking around for a sig pic since 9pm in anticipation so, if there's interest,

Yes?

How about you review 200 tracks and then request it from OA? :D

Gosh, has it been a year already? wow...

I'm just a forumite who comes and and goes with the winds, but I helped out reviewing last year and it was amazing. There's no telling how many hidden gems I tripped over and wouldn't have found otherwise.

I'm not much in the know of the technical side of music production, but I can discuss what I like/dislike about each mix.

Needless to say, I'm stoked about this reviewing season. :-)

Gosh, has it been a year already? wow...

I'm just a forumite who comes and and goes with the winds, but I helped out reviewing last year and it was amazing. There's no telling how many hidden gems I tripped over and wouldn't have found otherwise.

Seriously, it's ridiculous how time flies. Hell, I haven't even removed those links in my sig since last year.

I'll try to do my part.

Man, I can't believe it's December again... and like I've said every year thus far: Don't forget to give the WIP forum a visit in between reviewing submitted tracks. While it's good to review finished works, it's definitely good to review/critique works in progress.

I know this is on the honor system, but is there any way for us to keep track of how many reviews we've done, or are we going to have to keep track ourselves?

If you ever need to go back and check you can go to your profile and view all the posts you've made. It's a little inconvenient though, so keeping track in wordpad or notepad or something as you go along probably wouldn't hurt. S'what I'm doing. ^_^

If you ever need to go back and check you can go to your profile and view all the posts you've made. It's a little inconvenient though, so keeping track in wordpad or notepad or something as you go along probably wouldn't hurt. S'what I'm doing. ^_^

I actually did this last year and kept my review log going for a few months afterwards. It feels good to break that out again. :-)

*pose* 25 milestone here too. Hooray morning of free time! And geez OA, you're a reviewing beast. XD

This isn't nearly as hard or tedious as I thought it might be either. Any excuse to sit and listen to music from this site is a good one. Writing my thoughts on it afterward isn't too tough either as long as I tell myself it doesn't have to be a novel.