Turtles Forever

Poke'G

So...

Who's seen it yet, and what were your thoughts?

I'm really curious to see reactions from the different fans out there, whether you were one of the hard core original comic fans, the late 80s group that I would think many of us are from, or the newer blood who only really knew the current cartoon.

And for those of you who have no clue what I'm talking about.

The 03 series at the outset tried to stay fairly close to the original storylines of the comics. The turtles personalities were more distinct, the Purple Dragons were around, Baxter was black and slowly had his body destroyed, etc. But slowly over the seasons strayed and did their own thing. The huge reveal that Shredder was an Utrom was the jumping point for me where I lost interest. Now that they have two DVDs to a season, I'd like to check out what I missed.

A few years back, the commercial machine decided the show needed a revamp, scrapped an entire nearly finished season, and had Flash Forward made to promote new toys and the like. Didn't go over well, TMNT came out around the same time, and thus the 03 series picked up again as Back to the Sewers.

I heard the scrapped season is on DVD, but I haven't seen any of the show since '05. I guess Flash Forward was swept under the rug.

The tribute to the original comic was really awesome.

The Miller style monologues were hilarious. I was impressed that the animators tackled two other art styles with their own and stayed pretty faithful.

As a fan of the Turtles in general, the movie was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Yea, hearing that Shredder was an Utrom was a bit upsetting at first, but I got over it quickly. The 03 series was so good up to that point, so it was forgivable.

Flash Forward, on the other hand, was a story line that should never be revisited and should be forgotten as fast as "The Next Mutation" was.

Back to the Sewers brought me back to the 03 series. Sad that it is over : (

This is pretty neat, but I kind of miss the original voice actors + the 80s theme song playing during fight sequences. That would've really rounded this out nicely.

Yeah, if they got the rights to use the old show's character designs, one would think the TV theme could easily follow.

The 4Kids voice actors are pretty bad all around in anything they do (I hate the actress who does April, and they overuse her in their projects), but I thought they did a good job trying to copy the originals. With 4Kids, the fact that they cared to try was impressive.

Wow, I just relived my childhood :J

I <3 TMNT, and basically even though I never watched the newer 2003 show, they really did something amazing here, giving nods to the 80s show in all the right places. Loved it.

The comic book salute was great too.

I also think they did a great job with the 80s voices, about as close as they could get without the original actors.