PRC159 - RESULTS: MegaMania (Mega Man 7)

Bundeslang

Welcome to A New Season from PRC

The People's Remix Competition 159

PRCv7-03

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Round 159 is already there. Last round, two sources where selected by Diotrans and OneUp and three remixers decided to remix the source from OneUp (Lifeforce). Obtuse started his PRC carreer and Showroom Dummy and Just64helpin also entered. In the beginning from the voting stage Obtuse received the most votes, but at the end Showroom Dummy's song was voted the best. Just64helpin wasn't far off, but still ends third. Showroom Dummy has decided his source.

PRC Classic of the two weeks

The classic of this round is PRC116. For me personal, it was the first PRC I ended and (of course) I ended last. The source was Mega Man 7 - Cloud Man's theme, selected by PRC115's winner S|r Nuts. It was a nice source and 5 remixers entered the contest. Chickenwarlord claimed the fourth place. Setokaibarocket and V_Gasm entered as well and tied for second place. The winner was OneUp, with a song called MegaMegaMix. You can check the details at ThaSauce.

This rounds source

This round, Showroom Dummy has selected the source.

Hello,

I pick the Intro song for mega man 7, I don't think there is an OCRemix, and I like the song a lot. It was a great game from 16 bit era, plus, everyone loves megaman!

PRC159.jpg

Mega Man 7 (SNES) - Intro Stage

MIDI

ThaSauce link

After reading the Classic, it's not strange that the source is from a Megaman Game. Mega Man appeared more times in PRC. The first anniversary (the most popular PRC till now) was Shade Man (also from Mega Man 7), also PRC47 (Mega Man 4 - Intro Stage 2), PRC54 (Mega Man Zero 3 - Trail on Powdery Snow), PRC69 (Mega Man 6 - Tomahawk Man) where also Mega Man rounds. It's one of the most popular games. For this song (Mega Man 7 - Intro Stage), I don't remember much remixes, only the remix from S|r Nuts (Introduction to Heaven) is still known by me (I even have that Vgmix classic).

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by SUNDAY December 13th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time (Check my signature (below) and the ThaSauce page for the exact time left. .
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part, but he/she can enter a Bonus Mix and she/he has a vote that counts twice.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

Welcome to the voting stage

The deadline has passed, you can't submit a song anymore. If you want to add a Bonus Track, just post it in this thread.

It was Mega Man this round, it's one of the most popular games. Mega Man brought PRC some Mega Rounds before. In this PRC three songs appeared. JerryTerry submitted his song very fast. In the last days Divinewrath and DjMokram also where able to bring a song in.

The mixing stage is over. To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

Participants can't vote for themself, but they receive an added first place if they vote. They only have to send their top 2.

The winner from the last round, Showroom Dummy, has a vote that counts twice.

You have until NEXT Tuesday, December 15th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have.

The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC160 which is going to start Friday. That round will be the last PRC from 2009.

The songs:

JerryTerry - Introducing Megaman

Divinewrath - Streamrolled in 20XX

DjMokram - Blue Flicker of Hope

It's results time.

What a thriller. Three songs and eight votes. It turned out that not all eight voters voted for the same song, not even close to a default win.

All Remixers voted and Showroom Dummy did that as well. His double vote was very important for the results.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 8

Maximum Score - 27

Minimum Score - 11 (with voting)

Jerry Terry received 18 points, usually that's enough to not be the last, but this time 18 points are only enough to win the last place wooden spoon.

DjMokram scored only one point more, his 19 points are good enough for second place.

And the winner of PRC159 is Divinewrath with 20 points!

Congratulations Divinewrath, you received the most points. Both JerryTerry and DjMokram weren't far off. One changed vote could reverse the results.

Do you see what happened when Showroom Dummy's vote didn't count twice.

Then all remixers tied (and made PRC160 a three songs PRC). That didn't happen.

Divinewrath, you may select the source for PRC160. Send your source to me (with a MID/MP3 file if you can) by PM before next Friday, December 18th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time. PRC160 will be the last PRC from 2009.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/bambombimremixcompetitienl

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc

See you next Friday.