OCR01155 - Rush'n Attack "Purple Heart"

djpretzel

OMG I loved this game when I was young and this brings back so many memories. I love everything about this ReMix. With every wailing of the guitar in thie ReMix, my head flashbacks to stabbing the bad guys in this classic Konami game. 10/10 from a trance addict that has a soft spot for well made rock.

FIRST POST! MWAHAHAHAH!

Nooooo! Damn you, I wanted it! *pouts*

HOLY CRAP! This rocks my fro off! You might say, "ah, you don't have a fro." You'd be right. 'Cause this song just rocked it off!

Considering it's 2:20 AM right now and I just got home from work, I zconfidently say that this is the best idea I've heard all day! Konami + 80's hair band = *drooooool...*

Everything is flawlessly executed, I love it. It all works perfectly, sound quality is good. It's not just good guitars, either, the drumset is phenomenal too. And the synth, helicopter, siren and howl at the beginning fit the genre like a glove. But guitar rock this IS. Mad props to goat on this one. MAD PROPS, I say!!

All I have to say is this... Goat, you are the man! This is a very passionate and potent remix. The best parts of this is the beginning to 1:30 and around 4:06. Those are some excellent emotion smashers for me. I love Rush N' Attack (As tough as it is, since I have never beated it) and I'm very happy this piece. Excellent work! :D

oooo god damn the krem della krem is where i am. This song is 1337 man. I love the whailing guitar. It makes me want to go stand on my roof and jam on a invisible guitar with an amp sitting beside me. Nice job.

Oh and a little message to you all, if you truly love this rock and roll hardcore action, check out X Japan. Simply, amazing. must see

8O HOLY CRAP... This is nothing short of brilliant... :D This is by far one of the best remixes I've heard yet. Had I not already known what this was, I seriously might've thought it was something from Gary Hoey, it's extremely excellently done, and does have a similar sound to his style... Also, if I'm not mistaken, at around 3:12 it changes to the theme from the final level of the game, which combines my two favorite themes in this game into one excellent remix... This always used to be one of my favorite NES games, so it's great to see it get some coverage here... VERY nice...

With all the metal mixes posted over at VGMix and now this here at OCR, goat's quickly becoming one of my favorite remixers. Symphonic, break-beat and trance are all well and good, but, as djp alluded to, 'balls to the wall' rock remixes tend to be few and far between, so kudos to goat's excellent remix skillz.

Oh man! I love the game, I love the music, and I definetly love this remix! Intro is great, awesome build-up. And the legendary riff at 0:43 is SO AWESOME! You should´ve used it more in the song. But I´m not complaining cause this remix kicks so much ass. Excellent guitarwork, great sounds all around, and a great feeling. Very energetic. A great adrenaline rush.

AWESOME! 5/5

Damn,

I loved the game, and wow, the remix--kick ass. I found myself jumping around my room doing a pitiful air guitar to the sweet sounds jamming from my computer. I love the song, for I'm a huge sucker for a sweet-ass guitar riff. You seemed to put in enough to send me into an 80s remniscent rock craze. Keep up the kick-ass work, man!

GreenMaster8

Very nice guitar, goat does not disappoint. The wails of this man's axe brings wailing to my very soul. The drums could definitley be better in my opinion, they sound a little canned but what can you do without studio space and an actual drummer?

Excellent work, and congrats on your recent marriage.

• 2 weeks later...

OH MY LORD. This has got to be one of the best mixes on this site. You take catchy themes from an underrated game (with great music) and turn them into a MASTERPIECE!!! I absolutely love that game and that theme, and you've made them infinitely better.

*bows ten thousand times to your greatness*

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is the absolute pinnacle of all that can be achieved at OC Remix. It is by far my favorite remix. Recently, any time I've told anyone about this site I've pointed them towards this mix. I haven't seen anyone yet who isn't floored by it. Download this right now if you haven't and prepare to have your ass caved in.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
OH MY LORD. This has got to be one of the best mixes on this site. You take catchy themes from an underrated game (with great music) and turn them into a MASTERPIECE!!! I absolutely love that game and that theme, and you've made them infinitely better.

*bows ten thousand times to your greatness*

I couldn't agree more. I especially like the ambience he throws in. Helicopters, guns firing every so often. goat's still the man.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01155 - Rush'n Attack "Purple Heart"