OCR01155 - Rush'n Attack "Purple Heart"

djpretzel

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Yeah, I've got this song on my mp3 player, and I think it's going to stay there for a very long time. What more could I ask for? This whole song is pretty much one of the most amazing solos I've ever heard, period. If I had half of the crazy skills you have, I wouldn't be sitting here typing up a review, I'd be out playing a gig somewhere. Why aren't you very famous yet? You belong up on stage, and sitting with about a thousand groupies after the show.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! GOAT,8O

DUDE This is just simply awsome you should be up on stage man, you rock man keep up the good work and a request do metal gear next any one i would like to hear a good hard rock version of any metal gear song again you rock goat keep on rocken i hope to hear more remixes from you.

Link wolf

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Another of my favourite remixes on the site right here! (More rock... gee imagine that! :P) With another high-energy, head-banging mix by that crazy, guitar-playing Goat! (Maybe a few too many adjectives)

The song itself starts out fairly subtle with the helicopter intro and the mysterious opening... and then... with a VERY old fashioned machine-gun sound... everything kicks into high gear presenting Goat doing what he does best!

I find this song has a very "final" feel to it... like it'd be perfect for some game's final battle theme or something like that. One of the things that give me this feel are those weird guitar riffs that are used throughout the song. They have that big, bad, evil feel that you'd expect from some kind of super villain out to destroy whatever.

Goat's lead guitar that he uses in every mix of his I've ever listened to never fails to be pleasing to my ears, and it fits well into this song just like all the others. This is one of those you just wouldn't listen to when doing something slow-paced... like studying for the Chemistry test you have the next day... >.>

I've never really played this old game, but all I know is... no NES music can compare with this kind of a remix. Excellent job Goat, and this mix is highly recommended by me to those fellow rock fans out there... and once again... severely not recommended for those that don't like heavy rock. :P

• 2 months later...
I listen to this when I go running - at night (or in the early morning, whichever you consider it) because it just makes me run faster!

You must be pretending you're a superhero and this is your theme song when running to this.

Love this piece. It all comes together really well. Never heard the originals and not really interested in hearing them. Next to Rimco's Doom ReMix, and most of Mazedude's work, this is one of my favourite all-time OCReMixes.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...

One of the classic rocking tracks on OCR for me personally, once I heard a Goat song back in like 2004, I was hooked and downloaded all of his tracks.

This is one of the strongest he's done, IMO, and the blending of themes works really well to feel like a single track.

There is good playing, some nice effect use, and a solid flow. If you like rocking, this is your jam.

• 9 months later...

Awesome intro with the percolating low drums. This is stuff that Chris does really well. There is also a VERY noticeable shift here from a production standpoint. The guitars sound much more crisp and full bodied. The drums are also the same way; lots of meat. The performance in the guitar is spot on as it always seems to be with Mr. Gates! The solos are bitchin' and the power chord breakdown is nice and tasty. The brief rhythm change was a nice touch as well. Not much else to say here except that this is a great metal track and those who like the style will definitely enjoy it. Awesome work goat!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01155 - Rush'n Attack "Purple Heart"