Donkey Kong Country 3 - Mama Bird

Dafydd

I had originally intended for this to sound like a mixture of QotSA's and Green Day's music, but this is what I ended up with.

Source:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg1Gspoxxxw

ReMix:

[blurg]

Issues I'm aware of:

• Guitars sound fake. They are. I'll record real ones when I'm finished with the overall structure of the song and after I got installed my tremol-no so I can tune it properly.
  • Solo lead plays the wrong note at one point.
  • Drums are repetitive and the few fills I use suck. Will remedy later.
  • The mix is too short, blah blah, the overall arrangment isn't done yet. I'm not sure about the tempo and/or key.

Future plans:

• Vocals. In Swedish. I already got started on the lyrics, but I won't post them here until I've actually recorded them.
  • As mentioned, real guitars.
  • Cello (in the intro), real one too.
  • Including whatever parts of the source I haven't already.
  • Possibly including the "Flight of the Zinger" theme from DKC2. How about that?

Any other comments are very welcome.

Enjoy!

EDIT: 50 views and no comments? Come on. If you don't have any suggestions for me, you could at least tell me what you think of it. No? :|

I think the main reason you haven't gotten any response is because you've got most of the issues figured out already :P Which is a good thing! That, and because of the length, not much to comment on.

Without knowing the source tune though, you have a very catchy, "pumping" rhythm going on. I think the rhythm guitars and the snare with the long tail contribute mainly to that good pumpin' action. Very epic and heroic.

While I'd like to see where this goes, I think you have a good template so far.