I'll be Remixing the Final Fantasy VII Soundtrack

Mesden

Hey Guys, this is just to let everyone know that I am going to start on Remixing the FFVII Soundtrack for FF7Voice. Each time I complete a track, I will upload it to my Profile on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/Mesden1

Once the entire soundtrack is done, we'll put up a vote on the Qhimm Forums to see who would like to have the Soundtrack implemented into the Game. If you're interested in voting, I would strongly recommend subscribing to my YouTube Profile, so that you are alerted each time I upload a new Track. If the Vote is passed, we will implement what's needed to add those tracks to the Game (As it's likely we will not be using FF7Music.) If the Vote isn't passed... Well, at least I'll have them on my YouTube Profile for the world to see.

If you have Questions or Concerns about how we intend to apply the Voice-Overs to FFVII, There's no need to ask. We will make sure to implement an easy-to-use Executable which will do all the work for you. :)

I'll be completely honest here.

Mako Reactor Theme: I think your version loses ALOT of the original feel for the song. It doesn't sound as dark as the original, and that really ruins it for me :(. Also for me, it feels like it lacks some dynamics.

Cids Theme: not too bad, but for me I feel a lack of dynamics. I enjoyed this more than your mako theme, but I still think its really lacking in dynamics and in filling up the sound scape.

Buy by all means keep at it :D, Im just trying to give you a bit of constructive criticism.

FEEDBACK AND THE LIKES:

I'm not liking the snare in Cid's theme, it seems to be overpowering the rest of the instruments. And the rolls in the "B theme" seem cut short.

To me, at least, the snare rolls should move into the following beat. It almost sounds... robotic.

And, as previously mentioned, there is a lack of dynamics.

I think it, like any song, should "go somewhere" as they like to say. Maybe you should have a build into the "B theme" and diminuendo back into the "A theme" or something to that effect, instead of just subito dynamics.

Maybe it just needs swells and flow through the whole piece.

I mean,even though it is a march, its still music, it still needs dynamics and motion and flow.

Hope this helps.

Of course they sound MIDI, I'm not using real instruments, I'm using Musical Instruments on a Digital Interface, not live Instruments. All the instruments I use are on the program, I just control the volume levels and specify which instrument to use, which note to play it in, and how long to play it for.

just fyi, I think the main point were all trying to make here, is that even though you aren't using a REAL orchestra, doesn't mean you can't make it sound real. Like Rozovian said, there are remixes on this site in an Orchestral style that don't use real instruments yet they sound amazingly real.

also just a little side note, most of us know craploads about making music on a digital interface, so we are WELL aware of what you have to work with.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems like all you did was take the MIDI and channeled them through higher quality samples (like Nekofrog said before... and I know you didn't, but that's what it sounds like)... It sounds nice, but it also doesn't sound THAT different. I listened to anxious heart... the only difference I could tell was that the instruments were a bit higher quality than in the game. So what if you composed by ear? You didn't compose anything, you wrote down exactly what you heard.

Nice work, but it doesn't sound like you much effort into them. I also noticed how you're ignoring everyone who says that even though you're using a program you can still make it sound real...

"Of course they sound MIDI, I'm not using real instruments, I'm using Musical Instruments on a Digital Interface, not live Instruments. All the instruments I use are on the program, I just control the volume levels and specify which instrument to use, which note to play it in, and how long to play it for."
...it's not an excuse, really. You can never use "I use a program" as an excuse. Just takes some effort. A good deal of the people on this site use programs and can create realistic instruments (I think EVERYONE on this site does), and they're probably using the samples you're using.

If you're going for a COVER, I would suggest learning the secrets of how to create realistic instruments out of what you have. Don't use "my instruments are not high enough quality" as an excuse either, because I work with soundfonts (which are the lowest quality sounds I've ever heard of) and I can make them sound realistic.

I should get the Board Creators to change the topic on this thread again... These are Covers, not Remixes...

First off, they're moderators, or mods, for short. Second, why should they do it for you when you can do it yourself? Edit your first post, click "go advanced" and change it from there. They don't need to waste their time doing that, they have lives, and day jobs, etc.