OCR01158 - Slalom "Slalomicide"

djpretzel

I hate to say this, but the intro is infinitely more interesting than the melody of the song, the first 30 seconds of the song or so. When I first heard the intro, I was expecting something huge and epic, but unfortunately it didn't end up that way.

Of course when it reverts to the beginning at 52 seconds or so, that's not bad, but the melody is kind of tedious. However I must give you props for remixing immensely obscure games. I still listen to the Boy and His Blob remix all the time.

I agree with Prot, the arrangement is good, but the melody is kind of bland. Still, I always expect high quality stuff from Mazedude, and it IS high quality and it's still very enjoyable.

8/10.

I really really like this. I never really played Slalom that much so I'm not too familiar with da original song, but I really like this remix. It's got that kind of noisy thing going on and the melody in it is really very catchy. It definitely has that feeling of skiing and snow and stuff, and I especially like that creative use of the sleigh bells. Very very very cool (HURRHURR PUN)

• 4 weeks later...

My brother used to love Slalom, so I know the game. AS soon as I heard the remix I remembered to music. It's awesome, one of my favourites - and one I can play over and over again and not get bored. I love the chorus, and the whole thing has a "skiing" feel to it.

Very, very nice work.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Overall the song is mixed well, but it feels like it just doesn't go anywhere. The wierd thing is that it does move around quite a bit. There are lots of sections, but I feel like I don't get anywhere. Maybe it's the lack of a strong melody, and so the different sections don't feel different thematically?

The ending...not a fan. It feels like a mess. Fade-out doesn't help things either. Overall, not a fan, but I can still appreciate what went into the track.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sorry, but I'm not a big fan of this track.

It's got the usual, slick level of Mazedude, production, but for some reason, I'm really not feeling this track. I see what everyone says about the track ending, the repetition really didn't help either. While this has a lot of flaws, I can still appreciate the work the went into the track.

Not a great track, but not a terrible one either.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01158 - Slalom "Slalomicide"
  • 3 years later...