Mega Man 10

lazygecko

I really wish people would stop playing Mega Man games looking for cohesive plots and timelines.

But...

But the continuity. Think of the amazing, flawless continuity!

Why does no one ever appreciate the continuity?!?!?

In all seriousness though, if they ever do delve further into the two series' connection, I hope they leave it to the X games. Having a Mega Man game explain the transition would pretty much be like making the last classic Mega Man game outside of spinoffs or a reboot.

I'm pro-continuity. It's worked out great in the various Mega Man series, the Metroid series, and a lot of other games. Don't be upset just because people care about the stories in these games. Some people do care about the stories. They're put into the games for several reasons, and if the continuity doesn't weigh the game down, them I'm all for it. I would like to see it used in other games too, especially in the Zelda series, which gets a pseudo-reboot every five years. It would be nice to see Link develop like Mega Man and Samus have. But I don't see why we need to close Mega Man's chapter. If we need his departure to remain a mystery so that Capcom can keep releasing game after game, than lets leave it as a mystery.

The only thing about Mega Man 10 that irks me is the inclusion of an easy mode. Mega Man is not for weak gamers. Hopefully the easy most will be jacked up so that it's still basically a hard mode.

I was kinda hoping for Dr. Light as the third one. Like how you could play as the doctor in MDK2.

You just reminded me of an awesome story from when I was younger.

I went to Bioware's office years ago, when I was trying to get into this local college. Part of the pre-entry thing was researching your future career path (I wanted to make video games... who didn't at that age?), and interview people that were doing that line of work.

My cousin was (at the time) dating one of the writers there, and she managed to get him to get me a meeting with the head honchos. I got to see a GBA before it came out, even in Japan (they had one with a demo cart), I got to see them working on an original X-Box dev kit (they were trying to make fur on something work, but it came out all spikey), and I was given a tour, and got to see some early stuff they were working on (which I think was Knights of the Old Republic, though it was so basic and long ago that I can't be sure...), and finally, they gave me some free stuff.

That stuff included MDK2 for the PC. I still have it.

Autographed, too.

I miss their old office on Whyte Ave. It was cool and right above a Chapters, so you could stalk them all day while reading comics.

What about that purple glowing crystal in Axl's helmet after Lumine attacked him and died?

I'm pretty sure Capcom did that to Axl so they could explain it later.

Axl: OH GOD SOMETHINGS UNDER MY SKIN GET IT OUT GET IT OUT!

Zero: Alright alright, X how's the "tweezer mode"?

X: What twe... OH THAT, yeah I suppose there's a first time for everything right? Don't worry Axl everything will be just fine.

Zero: That's right buddy, now hold still while your good ole buddy X get that sliver out.

Axl: Why is that emitting energy? Uh no wait get back ge OH GOD MY LEFT EYE!

Must be talking from experience on your end

no u

I really wish people would stop playing Mega Man games looking for cohesive plots and timelines.

I really wish game companies wouldn't tease us with such things, then fail to finish what they start. That's what personally bugs me about continuity stuff, no matter what story.

I'm pro-continuity. It's worked out great in the various Mega Man series, the Metroid series, and a lot of other games. Don't be upset just because people care about the stories in these games. Some people do care about the stories. They're put into the games for several reasons, and if the continuity doesn't weigh the game down, them I'm all for it. I would like to see it used in other games too, especially in the Zelda series, which gets a pseudo-reboot every five years. It would be nice to see Link develop like Mega Man and Samus have.

So true, especially when is comes to the Zelda series. I'd give Nintendo a fortune in rupees if they'd just give us a canon timeline and sufficient explanations for a proper continuity. The speculation around it is quite annoying.

So true, especially when is comes to the Zelda series. I'd give Nintendo a fortune in rupees if they'd just give us a canon timeline and sufficient explanations for a proper continuity. The speculation around it is quite annoying.

The Zelda series has no continuity. Nintendo just finds it hilarious and keeps fucking with the fanbois. I'd say it's a pretty similar deal with Mega Man at this point.

Hmm... The chance to create your own boss character...

Nintendo Power notes that the game will also contain multiple modes, in-game achievement-style challenges, online ranking, and downloadable content. But unfortunately, there will be no female Robot Masters this time out; instead, Producer Keiji Inafune allowed the developers a chance to create their own bosses for the Blue Bomber’s latest venture. Hopefully Mega Man can hold up, as he’ll be sporting the same move set as last time; that is, no sliding or charge shots. Better call on the bigger bro if that’s your need.