Electro (Electro house) style remixes??

Doni

Hey all,

I'm looking for some dirty, cheesy remixes that will kick my ass. I need them to add to my electro sets. I've made a few remixes in this kind of style and people are really loving them (whether they are familiar with the source or not). I would love to hear anything in this style that I could mix into my sets. My vision is to create a massive electro-game-music-super-set of awesomeness, WhO's WiTh mE?

To give you an idea of what I'm looking for check out this track, a Chrono Trigger remix I did, and this track, a Streets of Rage remix I did.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have spent alot of time scouring the remixes, but the kind of tracks I am looking for have so far eluded me :(

Thanks!

lately I have been doing nothing but electro-house mixes, but most aren't finished yet. My golbez remix has a lot electro-house elements

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01876/

my lufia 2 remix im working on is on my myspace music page, also has electro house stuff in it, as well as "pitched in suspense" for megaman 9 found here -

http://www.blind-music.com

pm me if you want to hear what else im working on

lately I have been doing nothing but electro-house mixes, but most aren't finished yet. My golbez remix has a lot electro-house elements

http://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01876/

my lufia 2 remix im working on is on my myspace music page, also has electro house stuff in it, as well as "pitched in suspense" for megaman 9 found here -

http://www.blind-music.com

pm me if you want to hear what else im working on

the golbez mix is a littel trancey, but still bumpalicious! Do you mind if I play it in my sets?

Ahhhhh actually this is more like hard house or trance. Electro is a little bit more tongue in cheek than this... it's kind of hard to describe :<

Ya know I may have that something you're looking for but I lump it with the broader terms than specifically somewhere within my storage which I've dubbed, The Abyss.

Nonetheless if you ever want that track just ask. :wink:

Electro house is stuff like:

Deadmau5

some of Yuksek's stuff

Mason

(wait till it kicks in)

(I love the 6/8 time signature, but yes that still means its house)

I think a lot of people think SebastiAn is electro house.

Basically electro house is a 4 on the floor beat with mainly synths and not usually subdued... I'm not a fan of granularizing genres like this, because someone may completely disagree with me about what is considered "electro house"... and i don't like being told i'm wrong. :-)

Electro House is just people trying to imitate Benny Benassi. Usually with overcompressed simple oscillator synthlines. I never liked it much.

If u knew much about the genre you wouldn't make such an over generalized assumption... Benny Benassi is the imitator, and besides, that's not even electro-house...

Here's an *incomplete* remix (by incomplete, I mean I haven't even posted it to the work in progress section) remix of the over-remixed "Vampire Killer" from Castlevania 1...

Doni - omg Robot Vampires!

Actually, I thought Benny Benassi was the originator of electro house as well. Didn't "Satisfaction" precede the rise of deadmau5 and similar artists? It was the first big song to have that style of extremely tight, minimal drums and buzzy saw synths.

Just because a song achieved mainstream success doesn't mean that it was the originator of a genre. That's like saying the Beetles invented rock music in a way...

People disagree the genres of metal and what band fits where exactly.

I say fuck it and find what you like plain and simple.

I agree, generalizing is in general not very useful... however, when you are a DJ and you need to make somewhat cohesive mixes, it means alot more :nicework: