Electro (Electro house) style remixes??

Doni

Yeah, but then what was the first electro house song? Seriously, I don't remember ever hearing any electro house at all anywhere until Satisfaction came along.

There is no "first" electro house song. There are several songs that have electro elements that became more and more popular as years passed by.

As Blind said, Electro is broadly defined, and it's hard to judge based on what other people say about songs, especially popular songs. Electro does have at least 2 umbrella sub genres: (north) American Electro [something like blind does] and European Electro [something a little more like what I make, at least when it comes to video game remixes]

One thing you will come to appreciate about Electro is that benny benassi is sooooo no Electro hahah

I really fail to see what Electro House specifically has in common with regular Electro. It seems that people are applying this term on electronic music in general these days, as they did with Techno in the 90's.

Quite simply they share similar, broadly defined "Electro" elements....

I get the electronic music/ techno analogy... but you must appreciate that this is not as simple as the assumption of "this music has an electronic sounding beat, therefore it is techno".

Basically, if you know what electro is, and you think there is an electro remix on the site... let me know! :puppyeyes:

finally beat the game for the first time with 60 stars and I have to say this is the funnest game I've played in a long time. Every time I loaded it and played I had a huge smile on my face. There's just something about Mario games and beating them that always feels so rewarding. Definitely one of my favorite games EVER

LOL check your post buddy... I think you whiffed! Swing batta batta swiiiiiinnnnnggggg

Progressive house to be correct.

agreed, I didn't want to get into it :<

I am in the works of making a mau5ish Zelda remix.

Since I don't have much time to myself it'll be a while before I submit it.

Well I'll keep my eyes open then :)

It should be stated that some cross genre artists are making music... so it becomes even harder to define what is what... but that said, I would probably never mix Deadmau5...

Basically, if you know what electro is, and you think there is an electro remix on the site... let me know! :puppyeyes:

Yeah, this is electro.

satisfaction is more minimal house than anything

The instruments used may be more minimalistic, but the production is anything but. It's all brought out to be very loud and in your face. Minimal house is more akin to this, "tiny" sound with lots of breathing space.

Yeah, this is electro.

Yes, it is electro. But not electro house........................ which is house with electro elements running around 120-135 bpm

The instruments used may be more minimalistic, but the production is anything but. It's all brought out to be very loud and in your face. Minimal house is more akin to this, "tiny" sound with lots of breathing space.

And indeed this is minimal house. Satisfaction does have electro elements, but that doesn't make it electro in itself. Is Madonna making house albums because she uses a 4 to the floor beat sometimes?

Anyways, why are we arguing? Let's just point out the electro *house* songs for those who are interested!!!!!

Yes, it is electro. But not electro house

But you asked specifically for electro :)

s Madonna making house albums because she uses a 4 to the floor beat sometimes?

Absolutely. Madonna was among the first to bring house out of the chicago underground to the mainstream in the 80's. It is her trademark routine to pick an underground producer to make an album for her, which typically makes said genre explode in popularity. She did the same with trance and trip hop in the 90's, and then house again a few years ago.

Absolutely. Madonna was among the first to bring house out of the chicago underground to the mainstream in the 80's. It is her trademark routine to pick an underground producer to make an album for her, which typically makes said genre explode in popularity. She did the same with trance and trip hop in the 90's, and then house again a few years ago.

I hate you.

agreed, I didn't want to get into it :<

Yeah I know what cha mean.

It should be stated that some cross genre artists are making music... so it becomes even harder to define what is what... but that said, I would probably never mix Deadmau5...

Yeah Joel said it depends on his mood or what's he's feeling at the moment when producing a track.

So his stuff comes out housey, trancey, or electro-ish.

Do you mean as in remixing his stuff or just plain simple mixing?

Yeah Joel said it depends on his mood or what's he's feeling at the moment when producing a track.

So his stuff comes out housey, trancey, or electro-ish.

Do you mean as in remixing his stuff or just plain simple mixing?

Oh, I mean I wouldn't mix deadmaus5 music into my sets usually. Mostly because I just don't get why people think its so great... like really... I have not heard anything that stands out byt him

Oh, I mean I wouldn't mix deadmaus5 music into my sets usually. Mostly because I just don't get why people think its so great... like really... I have not heard anything that stands out byt him

There are a few by him that are killer. Ghosts n Stuff is one track that pushed the genre over the top, and one of my personal favorites is Catbread for the insanely gritty bassline. Depends on ur taste, but my favorite electro house producer is definitely Wolfgang Gartner. He beats them all imo

There are a few by him that are killer. Ghosts n Stuff is one track that pushed the genre over the top, and one of my personal favorites is Catbread for the insanely gritty bassline. Depends on ur taste, but my favorite electro house producer is definitely Wolfgang Gartner. He beats them all imo

Wolfgang Gartner is a BEAST. When I first heard that Mozart's 5th remix....woww.

Actually, that was the number 1 selling song of 2009 on beatport. Really impressive how popular it was. I saw him live in Vegas a few months ago, amazing set

No doubt, I wish he'd come up here to Denver! Seems like he's ridiculously meticulous with his productions too, because that track is insane...jumping back and forth between sounds on a dime (see: Firepower).