Futurepop/EBM outfit Mind.In.A.Box's new album an homage to retro gaming! :O

Chiral

Ever since I stumbled across their 2007 album Crossroads, I fell in love with these guys. It's sort of a mix between ebm/futurepop and progressive trance... And most of their albums tell a connected and surreal dark scifi story. Whee!

But anyway, their NEXT album, due out in February (thank you mailing list!), is, well, here's what their website says:

"This February will see the release of a new album called "R.E.T.R.O."

An homage to the era of the Commodore 64 and 1980s video games, the album will even include a few cover versions of cult classics.

Stay tuned."

Accompanied by a clip on their homepage with a nice cut from the new album.

So yeah, needless to say, I'm (probably excessively) excited!

Does anyone else know or like this band? I know I haven't seen a whole lot of discussion of futurepop/EBM/industrial/dark electro (etc., etc.) music here, but I thought I'd bring them up... I'm really curious to see how the new album presents the "retro" theme (chiptuney synths like Code64?) and what classic tunes they're going to cover.

If you haven't heard their stuff, I recommend damn near all of Crossroads, especially "Into the Night," "Amnesia," and "Redefined." "Unicorn" from the Certainty single and "The Dream" from Dreamweb are also favorites. You can hear a lot of these at their last.fm page here.

(P.S. Code64's 'Starchaser' opens with "The last metroid is in captivity...")

Interesting clip there. Thanks for the post, Chiral. It's got me interested in this upcoming album or sure...

Glad you liked it dude :D I'll post more info if I run across any.

Also, as an aside...It's not okay to post links to songs on YouTube, right? I've never posted links to music here before and it seems like it's not allowed if it's not an official account for the band. I want to make sure, since I figure more people would check this band out if I posted such a link.

...Maybe.