OCR01162 - Final Fantasy VII "Prayer"

djpretzel

nice...cool remix of the theme. guitar hits a little strong and the beats sound a little poppy, but its still good. wow, that 2:10 is what i like, i was going to say it was missing something but damn, just what the doctor ordered. you know this probably could sound something off of trigun with the right instruments....i guess because i just got done watching the show....but really cool. nice work!

First off, the percussion and acoustic guitar parts are incredible. At first I thought the electric guitar was going to kill it for me because it just sounds like there wasn't enough time and practice put into it to really get it down, but it still works. The transition at 2:10 it probably my favorite part too. I expected the drums to come back in again at 3:16 and they didn't... great job on keeping me guessing. Overall I really like it. I just might end up borrowing the bucket idea too. :wink:

The percussion wasn't bad, but I didn't like the effect. The percussion had a strange way of being stereo, it didn't sound very fitting. It might just be me, but it sounds like certain things are panned hard to the right or left, versus being even throughout.

Overall not a bad remix, but then again, it IS another Final Fantasy 7 remix. I really wish people would stay away from game hot spots (FF6/7, Sonic 3 Ice Cap, Streets of Rage 2, etc...) and remix more obscure games.

anyways to be alittle more clear as to why I liked it. My entire playlist doesn't have a song this layed back...or have a song near close to sounding like it. Which makes it enjoyable, unique, and overall a good remix by my book. Also the guitar seems to have the same quality as the ProjectX guitar - not the same distortion but the same measure in quality. So quit bitching :P Also comeparable with the pitch given in the RedXIII remix by AmIEvil - which was better delived but its not like the guitar in this sucks because a few things might be better

Overall not a bad remix, but then again, it IS another Final Fantasy 7 remix. I really wish people would stay away from game hot spots (FF6/7, Sonic 3 Ice Cap, Streets of Rage 2, etc...) and remix more obscure games.

You can't even compare FF7 to FF6 - it's just not on that level.

And as for the song, yes, that guitar is my main complaint about this song - otherwise it's pretty good.

To answer questions I've seen thus far:

Yes, the lead guitar is real. In case you're that curious, it's a Fender Standard Fat Strat played through a Digitech RP300 effects pedal.

While I'm listing things that are real, so are the acoustic guitar and the 5-gallon mop buckets (the left one played by hand and the right one with drumsticks). The reason the buckets are panned the way they are is because if they weren't hard to the sides, i found they got confusing. The rhythms they use are different enough to sound jumbled if they share any parts of the stereo field.

Incidentally, nothing in this mix is "sequenced" at all, but played live on instruments and/or synthesizer to hard drive. I still can't figure out MIDI to save my life.

Finally, the chords are really easy. I've never compared it to the original to see how faithful they are. D-Am-D-Am-D-Am-Bb-Gm-D for the first part; Bm-A-G-D-F#m-G-F#m-G for the second part, and D-G-F#m-G-A-G-D for the coda.

Oh--and all you who are sick of FF songs, sorry. This is my first OC mix, and my favorite VG song (and one I felt has been underrepresented thus far), so they kinda went together that way. At least I didn't do "Terra," right? If I get around to it, my next mix will be a swing version of Gruntilda's Theme from Banjo-Kazooie, if that makes you feel any better.

I'd honestly be more pleased if your next mix was this, with a different lead guitar. Everything else in it is absolutely superb, but that guitar just doesn't sit right to me... ditch the effects, maybe, and just let rip on the guitar as you get towards the end.

not a bad remix, but then again, it IS another Final Fantasy 7 remix. I really wish people would stay away from game hot spots (FF6/7, Sonic 3 Ice Cap, Streets of Rage 2, etc...) and remix more obscure games.

I couldnt agree with you anymore. And btw, fine i am writting a review note. Its actually a decent song, guitar sample needs a change, but otherwise, dammit people, try remixing something else.

Eh, i think this is decent. Like most of you, i'm not too fond of the guitar....i'd say my biggest complaint about it isn't the distortion (though i dont' particularly like it that much) it's that the notes seem cut off and too short....I'd say that the best thing about this mix is the acoustic accompanyment. Overall, i just wasn't feelin this though.

Edit: Oops...i can't type...

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01162 - Final Fantasy VII "Prayer"