OCR01162 - Final Fantasy VII "Prayer"

djpretzel

• 9 months later...

As a 4-year guitarist, I'm going to have to totally rip on the lead playing. I thought it was pretty atrocious to be honest. Stacatto is one thing but this just sounds like the player has no control over his instrument whatsoever. There is a complete absence of vibrato, sounds like the guy's never heard of the term "alternate picking", and feeling is totally lacking here.

Believe me, 95% of the music I listen to is heavily guitar oriented and the playing (not to mention the tone/mixing) is just pretty bad and something you'd expect from somebody who's been playing for perhaps 4 months...

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

personaly i found this remix very good, mainly because it brought back memories (very nice ones) from my loved FFVII, i think that remixes wether (im not sure of the spelling of this) ``hard worked or simple´´ can be good or bad, it all depends on what they make you feel. (just personal opinnion ^^ anywayz congrats menhab!

• 1 month later...
Whether or not that guitar is real, it sounds awful.

Not my type of piece at all. The percussions sounds like lots of clipping to me.

Nah, I prefer the original.

Who doesn´t, the original is a beautiful master piece.

But that´s not the point. I got very excited when I heard it start, an acoustic remix! Good, very good, can´t get enuff about them, can we?

I got a little disappointed when the electric guitar abruptly came into the scene, but after a while, I liked it, I really did. The drums are awesome, just as pretzeldude said, so crdit for him for pointin that out. And the choir that began in the back at 2:09, making this mix beautiful too, just like the original. Great mix, great arrangement, and a great desicion from MENBAH! for making this special version of our beloved Aeris. Kudos dude.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

So yeah, just listened to this on my foray through Eastern...err, I mean OCR1001-1250. The guitar tone is not something I've never heard, but what it is is really, really out of place over a background consisting of piano, acoustic guitar, bucket drums, and soft choir ahhs. Hearing it in this context, along with the choppiness, slight mistakes, and intonation issues, makes it sound more amateur (and frankly, obnoxious) than it perhaps would in a different situation. Honestly this is the kind of arrangement that would elicit outright laughter at a DoD listening party.

Oh well, they can't all be winners.

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01162 - Final Fantasy VII "Prayer"