OCR01950 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Eye of the Storm"

djpretzel

I like how several Js were like "watch out, this is pretty liberal, Larry may no rikey", when the source tunes were all over this and they're just deaf. This is why it's bad for me to take time off. :lol:

Not me, it's pretty clear there is plenty of source here. :P

Anyways, there are some nice synths and ambient feel, but somehow it tends to just seem like it's going in circles. The sounds chosen are really good, but there's no real forward momentum. Something as simple as a kick would have helped I think.

Anyways, not my favorite arrangement by Rozo, but he is definitely capable of making some good arrangements.

Rozo, you kicked MAJOR ASS on the production end of this! This whole remix sounds like it's made of glass and everything is perfectly nestled into its own niche into the soundscape. Weak metaphor, but this really is beautiful even though the arrangement is a little weak.

You've really raised the bar here, this is my favorite mix so far from the birthday flood and from you in general! :-D

Oh, yes. I can completely agree with everyone here feeling that everything is made of glass. It also feels to me something like from one of the early Crash Bandicoot Games, specifically the Ruination level or one of the river levels from warped. And I'm loving the storm sound effects so much.

I have to admit the source wasn't immediately obvious to me :oops:, but when I picked it out, Oh My Holy Freaking Goodness :shock:

Pure Genius!!! I stand in awe of this mix.

Its

So

Beautiful...

I like how several Js were like "watch out, this is pretty liberal, Larry may no rikey", when the source tunes were all over this and they're just deaf. This is why it's bad for me to take time off. :lol:

Great work on this; strong stuff!

Where were you when the others were scratching their heads about source usage in my FreeSpace 2 sub? :P

Also thanks. :D Everybody. :D:D And the judges. :P The decision is a great read, esp Jimmy's posts, incl. the reason for editing field.

Didn't think of it as being made of glass while making it, but I do agree. That's a cool way of describing it, tho now I should make something intentionally glassy. There's a city of glass in Loom (possibly my favorite place in the game), which predates OoT using music as a gameplay mechanic. Hmmmmm.... ;) (edit: if it's a valid source)

Now you know how I felt in "World of Decisions" vote :P

Where were you when the others were scratching their heads about source usage in my FreeSpace 2 sub? :P

IKNOWRITE???

Oh noez weather sounds intro :<

Overall quite nice. The key change came as a surprise to my ears. Oh no more weather soundz... it's very nice but the source is a little too far away for my liking. Also mia is a kick drum, or its being overtaken by the bass too much. At around 4 minutes there are some odd note changes on the synth. Kind of goes on foreverish and then it ends with more weather soundz...

Again, it sounds nice. I just wish it had a kick drum (even a softish one) , was a bit shorter, and worked on that key change transition a bit.

I like how this stays very light throughout the mix. I'm feeling like I'm on my porch watching a storm, but it's just a light shower with a little thunder for effect, nothing serious. Nice use of instruments to achieve that effect.

While the source is there, I think that because it's brought down to bare-bones at times is where people are getting the "liberal" feel. With just hints of the source melody and nothing else anchoring it strongly it makes it harder for the brain to make that clear connection. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it depends on the listener whether they like it or not. I'm not sure what I think yet, to be honest.

Cool stuff, though.

Well, this is quite a surprise from Rozo - I don't think I've ever heard a mix from him with the electronic vibe more in the background like this. This comes off as quite laid back, and maybe even something that'd be fitting in one of the more recent Mega Man X games for some reason.

Nice job on this, this is a quite liberal interpretation of the source, and uses it in a fairly creative way.

AWESOME! This is such a great take on what would otherwise be a catchy (but _highily_ repetitive) track. I really love that one background instrument which I can't quite identify (some sort of high pitched bells?) . The laid back feel is fantastic too.

I've heard all of your remixes and this is by far my favorite!

So disappointing. I love the song of storms. This is not a song of storms remix. Way too far from the source.

This is a perfect example of why oc remix sucks now. We have a bazillion extremely talented people making great songs with super duper production that are so far away from the source, it sounds like you're listening to a new song. I go to oc remix because I want to hear familiar songs reinterpreted and remixed. I'll go to Rozovian's website when I want to hear great trance music.

So disappointing. I love the song of storms. This is not a song of storms remix. Way too far from the source.

This is a perfect example of why oc remix sucks now. We have a bazillion extremely talented people making great songs with super duper production that are so far away from the source, it sounds like you're listening to a new song. I go to oc remix because I want to hear familiar songs reinterpreted and remixed. I'll go to Rozovian's website when I want to hear great trance music.

Calm down.

Be mindful of how Rozovian will feel when he sees his posted remix used as a medium for bashing OCR. :tomatoface:

Anyways, I love this remix. I like the soundscape, too. The use of source is subtle, but it's still dominant. xD

Just quoting so he can't edit it after ppl call him on this bullshit. :D

Dude, are you deaf? "Windmill Hut"/"Song of Storms" is ALL OVER THIS TRACK. Not only is it used in the intro's build, but the melody's right there at :40. It's not even drastically altered. :banghead:

• 4 months later...

Umm... for one, I'm pretty sure that's why they call it a reMIX. And for two, it is not far from the source at all! I hear Song of Storms just fine! What are wrong wit uuuu?!!!

Anyways, awesome remix.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01950 - Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time "Eye of the Storm"