OCR01163 - Final Doom "Memoriam"

djpretzel

First, I'd like to point out that DJ Redlight is a woman, despite what DJPretzel might write in his reviews :P

This piece is simply amazing! Today I listened to the original for the first time.. THIS is what it's supposed to sound like. Great work, Ashley.

I suggest you check out her website. More awesome tracks there.

Especially "The Gift" and "Relic".

I'm looking forward to hearing more tracks from you like "Memoriam".

--[ AC ]--

:: Silent Hill Stole My Soul ::

First, I'd like to point out that DJ Redlight is a woman, despite what DJPretzel might write in his reviews :P

Really? News to me... I guess you know what you're talking about, you seem fairly confident. haha.

I don't know where you got that idea. I really should put a "By the way, I'm a guy" page on djredlight.com.

Glad you enjoyed my mixes but, whether you enjoyed them more thinking i was a chick is another matter :P hahaha.

Really? News to me... I guess you know what you're talking about, you seem fairly confident. haha.

I don't know where you got that idea. I really should put a "By the way, I'm a guy" page on djredlight.com.

Glad you enjoyed my mixes but, whether you enjoyed them more thinking i was a chick is another matter :P hahaha.

Might be the picture here. I'll admit, that does look like a woman.

Might be the picture here. I'll admit, that does look like a woman.

Woah *slaps his forehead* :oops:

My apologies to DJ Redlight and DJ Pretzel!! :)

Yes, it was probably the picture on your website and of course the fact that your name is Ashley. I automatically assumed you were a girl, silly me!

Of course it wasn't the reason I enjoyed your mixes! :) My brother sent me "Memoriam" a long time ago, before I had even heard of OCRemix.org, and back then I assumed you were a guy because.. well.. it's game related, hehe.

Thanks to you, Ash, this great mix, and of course DJPretzel I'm now addicted to OCRemix.org :D (Sounds like a bad thing, but it's not!)

I hope I didn't offend you in any way. If I did, please forgive me.

Keep up the good work. I hope you had a great birthday.

AC

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I can't quite put my finger on it...:?

The electric guitar (at least I think that's an electric guitar -_-;) sounds too much like static, which, imo, detracts from this mix. I'd be a whole lot better with out it.

So far it's an o.k. mix; not too bad, but just misses the mark of greatness.

• 5 months later...

After randomly seeing "Quick Fix" get bumped, I decided it might be time to check out all 3 of DJ Redlight's Final Doom mixes, and it ended up being a great idea! Final Doom may have been a little obscure next to the first two games, but it was still very good for the doom fans out there, particularly Evilution which featured all new music (featured in these mixes).

I always really liked this intermission track, and distinctly remember how it was used in the secret level as well, which I found pretty cool at the time. The mix adheres to the source quite a bit, while bringing in some new elements that sound completely at home with the original. A logical "upgrade" to the original, I dig!

• 4 months later...

wow, this is super moody- really nice stuff with the piano and snare rolls. The soaring strings give a more epic quality to it, and the subtle synths help fill out the sound further. Final Doom is one of those soundtracks I have some sort of weird bias against, so that every time I hear a mix of it that is really well done, I am surprised. It's something i've been trying to change of late, and mixes this good help in making progress a lot. Good stuff. :D

Wow, this does feel like a funeral march, making the title feel all the more appropriate. Great mood, it feels melancholy but still "moves" at a very solemn pace. I love how each instrument contributes just a little bit to the song, each one seems meticulously placed and chosen to create a unified sound. Nothing sounds out of place. I'm really pleasantly surprised by this! :-D

• 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01163 - Final Doom "Memoriam"