OCR01952 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Sonic Gargles with Garden Marbles"

djpretzel

Marble Garden probably gets the nod for being my second-favorite theme from Sonic 3 (just behind Hydrocity. For the record, Ice Cap is down near the bottom of the list. Blasphemy, I know), so the remix definitely gets the stamp of approval from me, and that slap bass is delicious. The funk/wank combo is a huge plus as well. Love it!

I've had this one on my playlist since it came up on DoD and it's become a staple in my listening routine. The wahwah guitar, the fun bass, and the incredible soloing tops the list of favorite Sonic 3 mixes, favorite PoD mixes, and favorite jazzy-rock mixes all in one fell swoop. Glad this one got posted, it's incredible!

:-D

Oh my god YES!!!! FINALLY!!!

I have long been a fan of Sonic music, and Marble Garden is without question my favorite Zone theme of them all (sorry IceCap). It's very fortunate then that there are so many awesome remixes available to appreciate! And when I first heard this remix on DoD it was love at first listen. This has got to be one of my favorite remixes ever! And when I saw it in the "to be posted" queue here on OC ReMix I was overjoyed.

Man, what a great way to celebrate OCR's 10th anniversary! Great Job to everyone involved!

This remix is an EPIC WINNER!

The bass slide slams you in a basket full of a beautiful mixture of guitar funkiness and a sweat smooth hard beat that not even the

from BattleJam can pull off. A great remix that's been planted in the right garden. I gotta get my friends from Flea Market Creep to do a cover on this in Winnipeg!

A big 10/10

I've always loved Tony's work and this is definitely one of my favorite tracks from him (the absolute favorite being Hell March to the Apocalypse)

The wah guitar at the start always hooks me into the song, the slap bass is awesome, and GuitarBizarre's solo is smooth'n'delicous.

Another great song from Tony, and a perfect way to celebrate then years of OCR! :nicework::nicework::nicework:

Oh wow--this piece just reeks of groove. It makes me want to slip on some sunglasses over my normal nerdglasses and strut down the street like nobody's business before I trip over a crack in the sidewalk or something.

I'd really like to hear "Knuckleduster"'s vocals on top of this sweet mess.

I'd really like to hear "Knuckleduster"'s vocals on top of this sweet mess.

:shock: Oh my freaking goodness, my mind explodeded.

Still Holy Cow this is awesome and one of my new favorite Sonic mixes. Groovalicious and a very fresh and fun listen. Absolutely stunning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Found this remix ages ago on dwelling of duels and only just registered here awhile ago and thought I'd show my love for this amazing track, from what i see everything tony touches becomes a golden, there isn't one of his remixes i dislike.

Anyway I love this remix its so damn funkadelick and as a massive sonic fan i obviously fell for this track.

From the video on Youtube theres like 3-4 guitars and yet the bass is the most noticeable @.@ wow...

Keep up the great work.

• 1 year later...

Oooh, baby! Those guitars! Let the wahwahs loose! As much as I hated the zone itself, I've always loved the tune for this stage, and Prince of Darkness just let loose a flurry of awesome sauce with this funky ReMix. And those solos and original points were....well, on point. Wonderful arrangement by PoD and GB. We have a winner here.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01952 - Sonic the Hedgehog 3 "Sonic Gargles with Garden Marbles"