OCR01954 - Cheetahmen II "C.H.E.E.T.A.H."

djpretzel

I'm not familiar with the game, much less the actual source, but still this is a cool mix.

It's so darkly industrial and quite funky, and it reminds me ever so vaguely of something from Sonic 2. I really think it's quite an interesting track to listen to; there is a whole freaking lot going on and the occasional "rest stops" really keep this mix up in the air.

All in all, this is an amazing mix and well worth listening to.

Awesome. This has the Justice sound down pat, and has got to be the outright punchiest song I've ever heard from this site - plus, you made the theme fit naturally! Great work. Hey, I think I'm recognizing a very short sample out of the Phantom tracks by Justice - that echoing background stab you use in the beginning, like at :17 and :25. That definitely adds some authenticity too!

Shit, the bass is just SIZZLING in this track. You've definitely earned another one of the spots for the remixes I keep permanently in my library!

Wait... a slap-bass that doesn't make me want to kill myself? :-o What's this world coming to!?

Seriously, this is crazy as hell. It reminds me of The Vagrance's mix off of Humans + Gears in the way that it doesn't feel much like a conventional song but you're so engrossed by the beat and the groove that it doesn't even matter. The quieter section toward the end right before the "final push" was really great, I almost forgot I was listening to the same mix!

I'm not really familiar with the game or the source, but it ain't stopping me from lovin' this funky track!

Have to agree with Antipode by saying this is one of the most punchiest mixes I've heard in quite a while. That slapped bass is godly, I can see why you say it was so fun to make :grin:

Not much more to say, other than that this tracks oozes awesome from every orifice :tomatoface:

Two funky remixes on the same day? I think I just crapped myself.

The slap bass is epic and the lead really tops it off nicely. Production, as far as my untrained ears can tell, is very tight. It almost sounds like it could fit right next to any Top 40 hit on the radio right now... except, you know, this one involves musical talent.

Good stuff.

Aw hellllll yeah! I first heard this in the WIP, and knew for sure it would be a hit. Friggin awesome song! I can tell that you touched this up too! There's more noodling thrown in there, an entirely new solo, and overall a much more fleshed out and pleasurable experience. Perfect improvements. Just like last time, I was bobbing my head the whole way through. Groovy as fuck.

GREAT JOB!!! :<

I like this one. I just wish the bass wasn't so much of a funk slap. This one could have rocked a lot harder for me if the bass wasn't so slapped out. Oh the temptations of a good slap synth. I have almost succumb to these myself. The solo was well executed but I feel all the solo'ing is just unwarranted.

But I do like it, even despite the bass synth wanking and that keyboard wank in the middle there somewhere. I'd like to remix the remix hahaha.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01954 - Cheetahmen II "C.H.E.E.T.A.H."