OCR01954 - Cheetahmen II "C.H.E.E.T.A.H."

djpretzel

I liked this song a lot, and tried to argue with Brushfire over who got to announce it. I was the better man and let him have it, but let it not be said that I didn't fight over you!

I spent hours, days, and even weeks coming up with a short and clear way to express how I view this mix. It's basically boiling down to "what if Daft Punk remixed video game tunes with slap bass in the disco era". This song is just awesome, through and through. Great length, it never feels like it's too long. The production and performance are all top-notch. The entire song has this crunch to it that would make Nestle jealous. Badass.

Who knew cheetah's be so funky?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Holy hell, this started playing before I read the write-up or anything else, and I was like "That is Justice from head to toe, yes!". Ha, the distortion was amazing and....and dat bass......whoa, yeah, this is recommended for sure. PR never seems to let up on the epic-as-hell button with his ReMixes.

• 1 year later...

This is one of those remix that I keep gravitating to as I bob my head back and forth in it's sheer awesomeness. It's been awhile since I took a real listen to this song and feel like an idiot as I half-haphazardly dance around to that bass beat. Prototyperapter, you are one crazy but awesome dude to remix Cheetahmen II.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01954 - Cheetahmen II "C.H.E.E.T.A.H."