Bringing friends to OCR

duskvstweak

No one, really.

No one I know in real life is all that interested in video-game remixes, outside of that damn techno Tetris remix.

Those that are interested (or at least like some of the music) aren't interested ENOUGH to make an account or visit this site frequently like I do.

Alas, to be a loner!

I am already well known as a nerd at work. I've gotten several of my students interested in OCR, and I have, on occasion, worn OCR shirts to work.

I also have a number of students doing floor routines to OCR tracks this year, including passing of the blue crown, slick rippin keen, groove sweet groove, duck and cover, chocobo!, skyline, and Zoola's mix from the DKC2 project.

Well my friend john told me about the site and he downloaded all the sonic songs and give them to me. from 1999- 2006 i did have a computer if i did i would have been out this site alot sooner

i tried do get my firend in to the OC but he wont download the remixes

plus he thinks he can play the The Megas every time he get in my car. im like thats cool. but 7 months go by and hes still playing it in my car and im trying to listen to the FF4 album.

:tomatoface:

I feel like every time I show a friend the site, they think it's cool and go crazy about certain games ("Oh! Hey! Turtles in Time!") They listen to a few songs, download some, and then leave, never to return again.

It's annoying because if they hear me listening to my OCR collection (which is a lot), they ask what it is and think it's awesome. I tell 'em about the site, maybe even show them on their own pc. But, they just seem to lose interest as soon as it came.

Maybe they're afraid of awesome, free music?

I have been making a habit of posting links to new album releases on my mmo guild forums and such, usually a few people will get excited and check them out, but as far as successfully introducing people to OCR and making them regulars, I dunno, it seems harder than it should be.

Which, as so many people have already said, is kind of puzzling, especially in situations where people like the albums, you'd think they'd want to dig and find more goodness, of which there is so much to find. Most of the people I've introduced have even come back and told me how awesome they thought x album was, but I've never gotten the impression they decided to look further.

As for getting started on the forums, I think that mostly comes from having a love for the mixes and wanting to review and such, so if people don't get to that point, chances are they won't register for the forums either.

I feel like every time I show a friend the site, they think it's cool and go crazy about certain games ("Oh! Hey! Turtles in Time!") They listen to a few songs, download some, and then leave, never to return again.

It's annoying because if they hear me listening to my OCR collection (which is a lot), they ask what it is and think it's awesome. I tell 'em about the site, maybe even show them on their own pc. But, they just seem to lose interest as soon as it came.

Maybe they're afraid of awesome, free music?

Which, as so many people have already said, is kind of puzzling, especially in situations where people like the albums, you'd think they'd want to dig and find more goodness, of which there is so much to find. Most of the people I've introduced have even come back and told me how awesome they thought x album was, but I've never gotten the impression they decided to look further.

Pretty much these. I pimp the site all the time... best response I got was from a guy I knew at my old college who was an old school gamer and was particularly obsessed with capcom titles. I swear he sat there for hours listening to Mega Man and Street Fighter remixes, and he just went on about how great the site was... then I never heard about it from him again. Just suddenly and inexplicably lost interest.

Damn, Taucer. :)

I got introduced to this site from high school frenemy JesustheDarkLord. I don't think I myself would want to bring friends to this site - that seems to be a boundary issue.

I remember him. Where's he been?

I remember him. Where's he been?

He went to Memphis for law school and got married to Etak. I haven't talked to him in years myself over some argument we had. Boy knows how to dish it out but doesn't know how to take it, apparently.

I did send him a link to Yggdrasil Speaks to Me when it got posted, but I only heard back from his wife.