OCR01956 - Wild Arms "A Ring and a Promise"

djpretzel

I'm not gonna lie, you have some competition Jade, because this song makes ME love Jordan. I am subconsciously going to pretending this song was written for me... haha :P You're a lucky lady! Happy anniversary. I'm definitely going to be letting the lucky lady of my life have a listen to this as well.

Hey Jordan, can you tell me what mic was used to record the lovely vibrating larynx of Ashley? Just for future reference cause, even though I am listening on some cheap computer speakers, I like the product the mic creates and might want to pic one up myself.

This mix went by so fast for 8:00 minutes... the evolving bed of rhythms and melodies just sucks you in the whole time. I love the synth work. Everything cuts right through and serves their own part in a defined manner. The vocal melody and execution was impeccably placed and done with a refreshing sense of class. An instant keeper!

Hey Jordan, can you tell me what mic was used to record the lovely vibrating larynx of Ashley? Just for future reference cause, even though I am listening on some cheap computer speakers, I like the product the mic creates and might want to pic one up myself.

http://bit.ly/5eDdLr

That is freds mic, its VERY flat.

The mic I use is a little more lively for vocals, anything will work when you have proper processing tools :P

Indeed. That will probably be my next mic though. Good reviews and price. I already own the MXL 990/991 and they've served me well, so that one will be a step up.

So did you use your mic or Fred's to record the vocals? If yours, mind if you give me the model of that one too ^^ Thank ya sir!

Mine is a samson c01 (not the usb! there is a difference :P) It was freds mic that we recorded her on

So, it should go without saying that this is one of the best mixes to hit the front page in ages. I really mean it, this is bLiNd's greatest remix and it perfectly showcases all of the skills he's demonstrated in his past mixes, as well as a new trick I didn't know he had (incorporating vocals!) I love the transitions where the drums and synths hit that wall-of-sound mode, and then when they level off with a steady beat... those moments make the mix!

Also, this has been said a million times already but I'll echo the sentiment that the vocals are surprisingly beautiful, your friend has some real talent :-) The breathy, barely-comprehensible lyrics work perfectly with this kind of music.

Thank you for sharing this with the world, this is really a moving, touching piece that warms my heart on so many levels :-) I'll be listening to this one for a long time to come!

I am not the least bit surprised. I haven't been here long and I can tell you that bLiNd is a badass mo fo. His talent is unmatched here. I would dare say his ability borders on the paranormal. I have to wonder if he hasn't worked with BT, Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, or Tiesto. All great and well known awesome trance/dance masters.

bLiNd, do us all a favor man, and go big time. Make money with this talent. Set you and your girl up on easy street for real. And if you've already decided to do just that, I am sure Mr. Pretzel and Co. would be glad to push any albums you make. I have yet encountered a song that you have done that I haven't :shock: over. Good job. Again. --LC.

bLiNd hotness...gotta love it!

This is late, but happy anniversary Jordan & Jade!

Now the mix itself - definitely is nice. There's more substance here than you see with a lot of other trance, yet maintaining the typical sound you expect with trance. What really stands out is Jordan's production though. It's just that good.

I am not the least bit surprised. I haven't been here long and I can tell you that bLiNd is a badass mo fo. His talent is unmatched here. I would dare say his ability borders on the paranormal. I have to wonder if he hasn't worked with BT, Oakenfold, Paul Van Dyk, or Tiesto. All great and well known awesome trance/dance masters.

bLiNd, do us all a favor man, and go big time. Make money with this talent. Set you and your girl up on easy street for real. And if you've already decided to do just that, I am sure Mr. Pretzel and Co. would be glad to push any albums you make. I have yet encountered a song that you have done that I haven't :shock: over. Good job. Again. --LC.

I usually don't reply much to comments, but I just have to say with sincere gratitude, this is the highest praise I have ever received on this forum <3

I don't know what it is with your work (like... everything you've done here), but whenever I listen to a song of yours for the first time, I sort of just pass over it. It's not until a day later when I'm replaying passages over and over in my head that I realize how infectious and awesome your work is. Maybe because I'm being presented with countless minutes of explosive awesomeness that my brain must enter self-preservation mode. Maybe.

I don't really need to praise the quality of your work - you already know this stuff is polished and awesome. But Ashleigh's voice is beautiful. While the vocal melodies initially seemed unsatisfying, I knew I was wrong in thinking so when I woke up one morning and had "searching for / a life that will bring you more" stuck in my head and I could not seem to remember where I heard it.

And the lyrics, too, transcend amazingness and hit so close to home. My mom passed away this month, and she was really unhappy with her life. She wanted (and deserved) more, but unfortunately never got it. Her poetry talked about how her only escape and freedom from her life would be death, and I suppose now she has it. The yearning to be free is something I can relate to, both through my mother's pain and within my own self. And now, I feel like an optimist drowning in possibly the worst situation of my life, shackled in grief and desperately longing to see her, having tried faithfully to take good care of her in her poor health only to meet some sort of failure... but like you say, if I "just hold on," I know I'll meet the rising dawn and I'll find the strength to move on with my life, free from the longing and the pain and able to remember her in happy memories, capable of progressing through and succeeding in my own life.

Soo... I know I'm not necessarily the intended audience, but thank you for posting this remix here so that we could hear it. May you and Jade have many fun-filled, happy years to come, and may your difficulties ease with great haste.

I don't know what it is with your work (like... everything you've done here), but whenever I listen to a song of yours for the first time, I sort of just pass over it. It's not until a day later when I'm replaying passages over and over in my head that I realize how infectious and awesome your work is. Maybe because I'm being presented with countless minutes of explosive awesomeness that my brain must enter self-preservation mode. Maybe.

I don't really need to praise the quality of your work - you already know this stuff is polished and awesome. But Ashleigh's voice is beautiful. While the vocal melodies initially seemed unsatisfying, I knew I was wrong in thinking so when I woke up one morning and had "searching for / a life that will bring you more" stuck in my head and I could not seem to remember where I heard it.

And the lyrics, too, transcend amazingness and hit so close to home. My mom passed away this month, and she was really unhappy with her life. She wanted (and deserved) more, but unfortunately never got it. Her poetry talked about how her only escape and freedom from her life would be death, and I suppose now she has it. The yearning to be free is something I can relate to, both through my mother's pain and within my own self. And now, I feel like an optimist drowning in possibly the worst situation of my life, shackled in grief and desperately longing to see her, having tried faithfully to take good care of her in her poor health only to meet some sort of failure... but like you say, if I "just hold on," I know I'll meet the rising dawn and I'll find the strength to move on with my life, free from the longing and the pain and able to remember her in happy memories, capable of progressing through and succeeding in my own life.

Soo... I know I'm not necessarily the intended audience, but thank you for posting this remix here so that we could hear it. May you and Jade have many fun-filled, happy years to come, and may your difficulties ease with great haste.

Wow....

I am so sorry to hear the passing of your mother. Jades father passed away a few years ago and she still struggles, but the pain does fade eventually. Don't fight the feelings, you must process them. Don't bury pain and hurts, otherwise it will come back one day...

These compliments are some of the most meaningful words ever said to me about my music. God gives me my abilities, gifts, and inspiration and the glory goes to him. I cannot take credit for these songs, whether original or remixed. He is a loving father that wants me to make music for him, and I am truly blessed that is his will for my life. I am glad this song encouraged you...

I waited a while to check this one out since I wasn't familiar with the source which was a huge mistake. This is really spectacular, this is going to be the first mix that I tell my friends who aren't necessarily into VGM about, this transcends the whole "video game remix" thing, this is just an awesome trance song, period.

I absolutely love the "breakdown" (if you can call it that) that comes in around 4:00 and 6:00, very very cool. The vocals? Absolutely beautiful and perfectly executed, and it took me a while to realize that I don't think I've heard a bLiNd song with vocals before, I think you just might be onto something (yeah, what a surprise :lol: )!

Finally who couldn't love the story behind this mix, I wish you guys nothing but the best moving forward!

O_O

Wow. Astounding....

Honestly, I can't really think of anything to say that wouldn't be repeating something someone has already said. This mix encapsulates so many weighty subjects and is the product of true and honest feelings. It is obvious that time, effort, and love has went into this mix. And knowing the reasons behind this mix gives me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I listen to this. :-)

Truly Beautiful.

Thank you so much for all you've done and all that you do.

Love 4:25 on to 5:25 as it reminds me of a Euro kind of vibe!

I'm the complete opposite; this part (as well as the similar one later on) is the only thing I really dislike about this mix, as it sounds like every trance song ever produced in Europe back in the late 90's/early 2000's. Ugh.

However, other than that, this remix is very good. Love the slow part between 0:40 and 0:50, and the strings add a lot. Moreover, Ashleigh's voice is really awesome, and I hope you two collaborate more in the future.

Nice one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I bought this game and many other wild arms over the PSN and through gamestop. This remix made me lose track of time whilst the female singer took over my subconscious. I literally just did my college discussion homework to this song and finished it without realizing I was even listening to a song!

I enjoyed this, but I can't really tell you which part was amazing, I think the whole piece counts right?

10.00/10.00

(I'm not qualified to judge your work, this is how much -i- Enjoyed this song.)

• 3 months later...

One of the more recent mixes that punctuate OCR's release history. We get a lot of remixes on the site, but few are as impactful as this.

It's familiar territory genre-wise, but interesting the entire way through. A mix like this is all about production, and it is just overflowing with extremely high production values. The vocals take it up that extra notch. Usually when a mix is this good, I feel like it's someone showing off. With this though, knowing the story behind it, there's not a selfish thing about it.

This is an undeniably stellar piece and an instant classic. I'm overjoyed that bLiNd was generous enough to share it with the world. I dare say that a trance mix has never sounded as good as it does here. bLiNd is the one to beat.

• 3 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01956 - Wild Arms "A Ring and a Promise"