Do you prefer a controller, or a mouse for FPS games?

A Random Tiger

But yeah, I still don't understand how PC gamers have been happy with being able to move in only 8 directions this entire time.

In Valve games (and most shooters I've played in the last 6 or 7 years), your characters have inertia and you can simply tap the left or right key at a certain interval while going forward for example if you feel the need to walk that odd angle. Depending on how fast you tap and how long you hold it, the character will walk at different angles. I was never bothered by this solution.

Regardless, the precision of going exactly 2° or 3° north of North-East isn't exactly super beneficial most of the time.

I still don't understand how PC gamers have been happy with being able to move in only 8 directions this entire time.

I WAS PERFECTLY HAPPY WITH SIMON BELMONT BEING ABLE TO WHIP IN 8 DIRECTIONS BUT NO THEY GIMPED RICHTER AS WELL AS THE FUTURE DESCENDANTS OF THE BELMONTS.:banghead:

Seriously though going any direction short of "noclipping" through everything is possible in any fps, just is not as needed unless the map/terrain forces it.

Regardless, the precision of going exactly 2° or 3° north of North-East isn't exactly super beneficial most of the time.

It's more about running-and-gunning at the same time. It's a lot easier to shoot accurately if you're moving in a straight line in the direction you want to go than if you have to do a weird I-have-to-constantly-shift-between-the-eight-directions-I-can-move-in-to-actually-move-in-the-direction-I-want-to-go thing.