Helicopter game

Esker

This thread will problably end as soon as it starts, but I will post it cause I really need this answer.

Does anyone remember an arcade helicopter game with digitalized images. The helicopter has special moves like loop and rotation shooting enemies on screen.

It has a pretty cool title music and I need the title to youtube it.

Hmm...this got my interest as well. There was a fairly old arcade shooter, top-down, where the chopper would do special attacks based on SFII-type combinations. For example, U,U,D,Fire would throw chaff(or something like that).

Not sure if this helps, but I'll be watching this thread myself, to see if anyone remembers. I would LOVE to look that one up.

It seems a lot like this one, except for the mobile presentation it looks like.

http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=twin-eagle-ii-the-rescue-mission&page=detail&id=3004

where the chopper would do special attacks based on SFII-type combinations. For example, U,U,D,Fire would throw chaff(or something like that).
If the game above has this kind of combination it is the one I was talking about.

Anyone knows?

But I found nothing on youtube, how awful. :? :? :?

well, I found Twin Eagle II, and it IS the game I remembered!

Unfortunately, (and I really hope I don't get any heat for even MENTIONING it), the only resource that I found involves a few assorted screencaps and some emulation links. Apparently, it's a very rare game. No Wikipedia entry, no cheats, walkthroughs, not even so much as basic descriptions on most of the classic gaming sites.

At any rate, I know OCR's stance on emulation is pretty strict, but I mention it only because it was relevant(and I didn't link to anything). If anyone feels I've crossed a line, please let me know. It's not my intent to break/bend any rules here.

If someone could clarify for me what the finer points are, I would like to continue to discuss this game. For example: is emulation talk allowed through PMs? would I get any flak for admitting that I've emulated it? etc, etc.

Being that there's so little info for it elsewhere on the web, it'd be nice to trade secrets and such, but, like I said, I'm not here to step on any toes.

Thanks.

You can talk about emulating games, you can tell people how to set up an emulator if they're having trouble running it, and you can even tell people the name of the ROM (some emulators need ROMs that go by a very specific name... like PS1 and TG-16 emulators). However, you CAN'T post any links to ROMs, or name a website where you can get ROMs. That's when you'll step over the proverbial line.

Coop, thank you, good sir. I appreciate the info. I did actually try looking through the forum rules & such to prevent asking an answered question, but didn't find the answers. maybe a addendum to the posting rules(unless I missed something)?

Either way, thanks again for the heads-up on that game. your knowledge, is, indeed, legendary. Now then, If you told me what item is obtained by charming a Nu(Chrono Trigger), I would truly bow down. =Þ

The answer's probably waaay too easy, but that's about as obscure as I can go at this hour.

Back on topic, Twin Eagle II is awesome. Only problem is, there seems to be NIL covering it on the web. I think I read somewhere that there's something like 17 genuine cabinets still in existence in the USA. If anyone knows the location of a moves list, or something along that vein, please share! IIRC, the moveset was printed on the cabinet itself. Happy hunting, eh?

Coop, thank you, good sir. I appreciate the info. I did actually try looking through the forum rules & such to prevent asking an answered question, but didn't find the answers. maybe a addendum to the posting rules(unless I missed something)?

Either way, thanks again for the heads-up on that game. your knowledge, is, indeed, legendary. Now then, If you told me what item is obtained by charming a Nu(Chrono Trigger), I would truly bow down. =Þ

The answer's probably waaay too easy, but that's about as obscure as I can go at this hour.

Back on topic, Twin Eagle II is awesome. Only problem is, there seems to be NIL covering it on the web. I think I read somewhere that there's something like 17 genuine cabinets still in existence in the USA. If anyone knows the location of a moves list, or something along that vein, please share! IIRC, the moveset was printed on the cabinet itself. Happy hunting, eh?

A mop, wasn't it?

As for TE II, I wish I could help you. I've played the first game a good amount, but I've only played TE II a few times in MAME out of curiosity. So, its moves aren't known to me.

touché. I am bested.

Oh well. Maybe a "Random-Obscure-Game-Trivia" thread might surface later on.

If anyone hits pay-dirt on Twin Eagle II, though, I'm still interested. To be fair, if I find any, I'll send it over. FWIW, the game has a surprising amount of depth once you DO learn the moves, though...and freeplay mode never hurt anyone(regarding old, extremely rare arcade games, anyway).

Well, I tried the usual sites I frequent, no luck, but if anyone knows a way to extract the audio from the emulation filesets, I would be more than willing to try.

some console emulators allow that as an option, but with arcade, I have no idea where to start. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with.

If anyone else has done this before, please let me know. I have the means, but lack the knowledge.

Well, I tried the usual sites I frequent, no luck, but if anyone knows a way to extract the audio from the emulation filesets, I would be more than willing to try.

some console emulators allow that as an option, but with arcade, I have no idea where to start. I'll do some digging and see what I can come up with.

I turned on my sound recorder and start the ROM.

I don't know about the quality, but it works.

Still waiting if anyone knows a better method.

I found the ROM for Twin Eagle II where I can hear the music I wanted for the start. This is the good thing. The bad thing is it doesn't seems like the old one I used to like, well I mean, it is; but the sound lacks very seriously in quality, the guitars has sounds like an old radio or something.

Some has technical knowledge of it?

The ROM has exact the same sample quality of the original arcade?

I'm afraid that the emulation itself is imperfect--without waiting on Mame's devs to improve the situation, I'm not sure what can be done.

Even with that idea, between arcade emulation being extremely finicky between hardware boards & the rarity of the game, this may be as good as it gets.

On the bright side, if a ReMix comes out of it, you might just find that you have more creative license =Þ

I DID find a program that allows replay and WAV extraction of arcade rom audio, but I honestly don't know if it'd be OK to post the link here. The software's named M1--pretty vague, eh?

That software runs in the command-prompt only, has a somewhat limited list of compatible emulation, and, you guessed it, Twin Eagle II is not in that list. I'm still looking, though. maybe Twin Eagle II shares a hardware board with a more popular game, but that would take more research than I can pull off ATM.

---EDIT---

I did find some more info on the game. It ran on the SETA SSV hardware, but nothing really noteworthy(that I've found) shares it. I also found a discussion with some of the special moves listed, thankfully with no forbidden linkage. I may be the only person interested, but I did say that I'd share:

http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28926