21fx - an example through emulation of what SNES was capable of

Level 99

I can see this having some serious application with the stuff that we tend to do around here. I'm honestly not sure how many coders/hackers are amongst us, but since it's already in the software implementation phase, I don't see why OCR couldn't host/have [insert proper term here, would it be patches?] created to use OCReMixes.

1) I haven't taken a look at code for emulation in a while, but I'm assuming a patch contains no actual code from the game, thereby making it infringement-free, correct?

2) I have yet to go over your documentation in-full due to lack of time, but is there a specific audio-format and playback rate that the 21fx would be using? I'm assuming that, since it is just extending the accessible memory, that it's the exact same format as default SNES. However, now that I think about it, would it be possible to simply stream the audio portion of a video while the game is playing? I guess there's multiple methods to achieve the same ends.

Great, now I'm salivating for DKC2 - Serious Monkey Business to come out and have some kind soul with more time and knowledge than me to plug that into this format. :-P