Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2010

DarkeSword

Don't know if this has been mentioned in this increasingly large thread but I am gonna throw it out there

Would this compo be a tad fairer and perhaps just better overall if who the Robot Masters were was anonymous? Voting would not be (as) biased based on anything outside of the arrangements, plus it would add the thrill of speculation!

I think it would be a bit better, but I can't see it lasting too long. Like if say Disco Dan entered, I think it would be pretty evident by the third round.

all in all I don't see it working, but what do you guys think?

Don't know if this has been mentioned in this increasingly large thread but I am gonna throw it out there

Would this compo be a tad fairer and perhaps just better overall if who the Robot Masters were was anonymous? Voting would not be (as) biased based on anything outside of the arrangements, plus it would add the thrill of speculation!

I think it would be a bit better, but I can't see it lasting too long. Like if say Disco Dan entered, I think it would be pretty evident by the third round.

all in all I don't see it working, but what do you guys think?

Dwelling of Duels: Robot Masters month will have to wait :-P

I agree with your idea, even though the votes this round seemed to follow the trend of being opposed to bias.

dunno i can recognize zircon or gecko just by listening to them even if it's anonymous, and i use anonymous playing on my first listening anyway.

dunno i can recognize zircon or gecko just by listening to them even if it's anonymous, and i use anonymous playing on my first listening anyway.

I agree. I listened through all the tracks together without looking at titles or names before listening in sets of two. I could tell zircon's the moment it started playing. It's not like this for all mixers, but for the most part it seemed to me like people were being fair and unbiased in their voting.

This was a ton of fun for me. Great mixes from everyone... really, you guys all rock. Can't wait for round 2.

Now that I've added my votes to each battle, voting is closed. I'll be tallying up the votes today. Remember, if you didn't vote in each of the 8 battles, your vote will not count.

Since votes are publicly available, I'd appreciate it if someone else who is not a competitor could do an independent verification and also tally votes. Remember, don't count anyone who hasn't voted in all battles.

Now that I've added my votes to each battle, voting is closed. I'll be tallying up the votes today. Remember, if you didn't vote in each of the 8 battles, your vote will not count.

Since votes are publicly available, I'd appreciate it if someone else who is not a competitor could do an independent verification and also tally votes. Remember, don't count anyone who hasn't voted in all battles.

On it! A lot of people voted too! It's awesome. So far I've only had to throw out one vote.

Thanks to the hard work of OCRE and TheOtaku, we've managed to tally up and verify all the results.

Visit the Tournament page over at Challonge for the latest scores and next week's match-ups.

A note about voting: there were about five people who didn't vote in every battle, so their votes were discounted. In addition, there were three people who voted twice, clearly by accident. Please make sure that when you're voting, you vote in every battle, and that you only vote once. Each battle ended up working out to 64 legit votes in total.

Concerning the Revenge Bracket: I haven't decided how it's going to work out yet; all that I know right now is that match-ups WILL be scrambled before starting. The mixing stage for the Revenge Bracket is also going to alternate with the normal bracket, so if you lost this round, take a week to regroup and get ready.

As for the winners, the match-ups are live, so feel free to start remixing!

Round Two: FIGHT!

Oh, we gotta wait a week for the revenge bracket... sadness overwheming :lmassoff:

Aside from the weird harmonies (which were intentional, but anyways), what did my guitar tone sound like? I'll reveal now that it was purely digital, because I sure as shit can't play guitar