Mega Man: The Grand Robot Master Remix Battle 2010

DarkeSword

The only reason I haven't done one is because I was under the impression that the final round was just for fun, and that it didn't really count for anything. So, it wasn't a top priority. If my title of grand robot master is in dispute, however, I'll do it when I get back from vacation (Sunday.)

This is a good point... I'm actually not sure what the happens with titles regarding this match... neblix told me that you retain your titles but if I win for example (won't happen :P) I get known as the "guy that beat the champion" and if you win then you just stay the champion. Seems a bit unusual if thats the case imo, Darke, could you clarify? :P

• 2 weeks later...

So what's going to happen here? Is Zircon going to submit a mix? If he doesn't, does that mean that Willrock dethrones him? If Zircon doesn't submit a mix and this whole thing is just swept under the rug, can we at least get Willrock's final submission?

well its been over a month... I gave in my entry at the deadline, but nothing is happening.

I reckon if zircon hasn't done an entry, he isn't going to at this point... all this waiting is starting to get tedious imo, and i'm past the point of caring about the outcome :(

Okay, then if this competition truly is dead, could you post a link to your final mix? That's really what I've been waiting for

OBJECTION!

I talked to Zircon recently. He told me that he's busy with something a little more important than GRMRB right now, but he is indeed planning to submit a remix.

Have patience, my friends, for Zircon will descend upon us all with phat beats and sliced wavs if we wait long enough.

Hate to say it but I have to disagree with that. What's the point of having deadlines, even for revenge rounds, if they're not met? I know Zirky's got very important stuff to do, but in that case, wouldn't a graceful bow-out due to time constraints be more appropriate? I mean no offense to him, but waiting this long doesn't seem quite fair.

Hate to say it but I have to disagree with that. What's the point of having deadlines, even for revenge rounds, if they're not met? I know Zirky's got very important stuff to do, but in that case, wouldn't a graceful bow-out due to time constraints be more appropriate? I mean no offense to him, but waiting this long doesn't seem quite fair.

Not even Shariq has met some of the deadlines for this compo, if I'm allowed to point that out. Well sure they're not mixing deadlines, but there were still periods of time where we forgot if the competition was still even on because he never posted mixes/counted votes.

Plus the reason we're mostly waiting is because this is the last round, revenge champ vs. champ, and it needs both people regardless of WHEN it happens in relation to when it was supposed to happen.

Hear, hear!

Not even Shariq has met some of the deadlines for this compo, if I'm allowed to point that out. Well sure they're not mixing deadlines, but there were still periods of time where we forgot if the competition was still even on because he never posted mixes/counted votes.

Plus the reason we're mostly waiting is because this is the last round, revenge champ vs. champ, and it needs both people regardless of WHEN it happens in relation to when it was supposed to happen.

Point taken, but in that case wouldn't it also be courteous to give an extension also to WillRock for revision of his mix? Give him the same extra allotted time to get his mix even better? I guess no one can turn back time to give him more time to work on it though, so maybe even bonus points. Yes, I know it is all in good fun but if you're REALLY wanting to see a true showdown, then the circumstances should really be as equal as possible for both parties. Just my two cents, since I know how passionate both of the finalists are with their music, I'd like to see the playing field as even as possible.

Point taken, but in that case wouldn't it also be courteous to give an extension also to WillRock for revision of his mix? Give him the same extra allotted time to get his mix even better? I guess no one can turn back time to give him more time to work on it though, so maybe even bonus points. Yes, I know it is all in good fun but if you're REALLY wanting to see a true showdown, then the circumstances should really be as equal as possible for both parties. Just my two cents, since I know how passionate both of the finalists are with their music, I'd like to see the playing field as even as possible.

Actually, no one has ever said Willrock had to stop working, and a lot of us had made and subbed revisions when Shariq was not able to/didn't feel like closing some rounds.

Actually, no one has ever said Willrock had to stop working, and a lot of us had made and subbed revisions when Shariq was not able to/didn't feel like closing some rounds.

I think it's implicit in the idea of a deadline in this situation that one is no longer allowed to make changes after final submission for the deadline. I also don't see anywhere that it does say he was allowed to, and considering that no one knew it was going to be this long between deadline and actual submission, I still believe it skews the results. From what you said as well, it seems that Zircon is still not close to submitting a track for this. I'm sure he's going to make a killer track eventually, as he usually does. It still doesn't seem fair to WillRock to me, even if people have subbed revisions before rounds closed previously. If it were a week, maybe I'd feel differently, but a month and then some? My position still stands: it's not fair to the either entrant,and it's especially not fair to WillRock to keep him waiting without implicit permission for revision and polishing.

I hope I'm making it obvious that I'm not playing any favorites here, since I really enjoy stuff from both of these musicians. I just know that I'd definitely be more than anxious and probably annoyed a little if I were in WillRock's position.

Well Level 99 is right, the only reason I haven't updated my mix is because I wasn't sure if I was allowed too. Since it hasn't been stated when the tracks will be posted i'll start revisions on my track, I didn't think I'd done the final round justice.

i'm not going to throw the blame on anyone here for this but I think darkesword as the competition moderator could let us know any important developments should something similar to this happen in later compo's.

For now, i'll just perfect my mix and await zircon to get around to his own mix when he has the time.

OK guys... first of all, this is competition is completely for fun with no prizes involved so I don't think there's any need to create drama. Second of all, I never asked for a deadline extension or any sort of special treatment. Not once. Also, since early in the competition, Darkesword hasn't talked to me at all about it. So, it is 100% his decision (uninfluenced by me) to give me extra time for my entry. Why this is such a big deal, I'm not sure. If the situation were reversed I wouldn't care at all. It's not like this is a big project that is waiting to be released, and it's not like WillRock can't work on other music while he's waiting.

I also don't mean to imply that this is somehow unimportant; the main thing I'm working on that's not 'real work' for me is actually a project mix for DarkeSword which I absolutely have to prioritize since the entire project is done except my mix. It's worth noting that I was asked by DarkeSword to do this mix because another mixer who had finished his track dropped out at the last minute, so the project was and is hinging on my substitution. Before that, I was working on a project mix for Emunator that was very late (partially because I was collaborating with tefnek, who disappeared for awhile, so when he sent me his part of the file I had to rush to get stuff done for it.)

So, long story short... please just relax, we're talking about remixing video game music for fun here. I never asked for an extension, and if DarkeSword wanted to, at any point, declare WillRock the winner I wouldn't even blink. It's not that I don't care about the competition (remember, I already did 4 mixes over 4 months ago), it's just that I have to prioritize project mixes which are on strict deadlines.

I think I'm just going to close this out. My apologies to willrock for taking so long, but it looks like zirc just has a lot on his plate right now and extending this even further is something that I don't really want to do.

I'll tag up the track and release tonight.

As for winners vs. losers, let's just call Willrock and Zircon eternal rivals. We good with that? :|

In any case, I kind of need to get started with organizing the album release for this, and I've got another album that's coming out soon, PLUS I have to start the maverick one, which won't have revenge rounds.

I think I'm just going to close this out. My apologies to willrock for taking so long, but it looks like zirc just has a lot on his plate right now and extending this even further is something that I don't really want to do.

I'll tag up the track and release tonight.

As for winners vs. losers, let's just call Willrock and Zircon eternal rivals. We good with that? :|

In any case, I kind of need to get started with organizing the album release for this, and I've got another album that's coming out soon, PLUS I have to start the maverick one, which won't have revenge rounds.

This seems fine by me.

I've certainly had alot of fun from this compo and learnt alot from it.

I'm not going to pretend i'm not disappointed with this outcome, but the fact I got so far makes me happy to have participated, and we got some great music from some great artists, which was the point of this compo.

Now, lets get this album released :D

Again... I never asked for an extension. Not only that, had the situation been reversed, I would not have posted even once asking "where are the results?" or anything like that. I'm used to waiting long periods of time for things related to music. When I directed VotL I didn't cut a single person due to them missing deadlines, perhaps even when I should have. So, I really don't want people to get the wrong impression here. When it comes to a fun competition like this one I'm very easy-going.

That being said, I AM looking forward to the MMX version of this competition! I just finished my project mix for Darkesword, which leaves only one more project mix for me to do before my "remixing schedule" is freed up.