Impact Steel problem

Haha, you know you can just email me, right? :P Did you download the right version? There should have been options for both Gig (that's for Gigastudio) and Kontakt. The I:S key should have multiple downloads on it so you should just be able to check for the right patches at the same download site.

Oh crap i didnt know YOU worked for this company, Zircon.

Okay. Apparently, I downloaded BOTH kontakt AND gigastudio versions. I didnt know. I thought I needed ALL the rars.

When I get back from work I'll pop it in Kontakt 2. Thanks!

I don't mind you asking whatever question you want, and I don't mind helping answer it, no matter how Googleable it is, but just know that "the pros" use Google more often than you might think.

So since you're just typing a question onto a forum and not actually directly asking anyone, there are times when you may as well type a similar question into the Google search bar and get an immediate answer. Why waste time waiting for a simple answer when you could be making music! :)

I'm not kidding at all, really, or lording it over you that my Google-fu is better. At least attempt in the future to do that first.

"What have you already tried yourself" is not an unreasonable request at all, and if you can answer it on beforehand when you ask your next question, you'll have everyone here far more inclined to help you.

I get what you're saying. I just wish you could be less irritating about it.

What I would have said was, "Hey! Just so you know, it might be easier if you googled everything first before asking on the forums. That way your questions may be answered faster."

Short. Concise. And polite. It's not hard.

Unless you're so inclined to be an ass about such things.

I get what you're saying. I just wish you could be less irritating about it.

This is pure text. 3/4ths of the nuance is lost. The irritation bits are filled in by yourself, because I've already told you once to search instead of ask.

"Hey! Just so you know, it might be easier if you googled everything first before asking on the forums. That way your questions may be answered faster."

See, there's nuance again. To me this sentence is read in a chirpy Sirius Cybernetics tone of voice, which would infuriate the listener even more and would possibly involve scenarios with blunt force trauma and a blood-smeared baseball bat. :-)

This is pure text. 3/4ths of the nuance is lost. The irritation bits are filled in by yourself, because I've already told you once to search instead of ask.

See, there's nuance again. To me this sentence is read in a chirpy Sirius Cybernetics tone of voice, which would infuriate the listener even more and would possibly involve scenarios with blunt force trauma and a blood-smeared baseball bat. :-)

Thanks, Data. Report to engineering at once. LaForge'll help you pull the stick from your ass.