Steam Holiday Sale

atmuh

Hmmm, Mirror's Edge... never really thought about getting it, but for $5, I think i can swing it. If it's not my thing, then I spent less than burger combo at just about any fast food place.

Oh noes, one less greasy burger with over/under-cooked fires.

It's got it's pros and cons, but it's well worth $5 just for the art style and music alone. The story is completely half-baked, but once you get used to the physics and handling, the game play is 'aight. I'm sure you've burned $5 in far worse ways :)

I just bought a crap load of stuff including:

-The Eidos Collector Pack (mainly for Arkham Asylum, which is on sale for $33.49 from the usual $50) but hey, the entire pack which contains 20 games which is normal $100 was only $50 for the whole thing, I figured I'd splurge. I'm sure there's some gems in there.

-Star Wars Jedi Night Collection for $10

-Stalker for $2

-Borderlands DLC for like <$7

-Assassin's Creed for $10

-Painkiller Black for $5

I think that's it for now. I'm sure I'll buy more for their 1-day stuff before this is all over.

HAWX is on my list, I'm just waiting to see if it goes well for one of the one day things. I might buy Ghostbusters too. I heard it's only kind of meh, but I like the movie, so we'll see.

My latest receipt:

Lucasarts Adventure Bundle - $2.50

Complete Shooter Pack - $3.74

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky (ROW) - $4.99

Rome: Total War Gold - $2.49

Indigo Prophecy - $3.39

Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack - $2.49

Machinarium - $9.99

Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU) - $7.49

Funny that the most expensive game on the list is an indie one. :P

I might buy Ghostbusters too. I heard it's only kind of meh, but I like the movie, so we'll see.

I found it was worth it for the story extension and voice-acting alone. It's a wonderful volume of Ghostbusters nerd-dom, even if the gameplay and direction can sometimes be a little uneven/predictable.

I'm looking at the GTA4, Jedi Knight collection, and possibly HAWX myself. But...I dunno. Already have too much I don't play. This sale is ridiculous though.

But...I dunno. Already have too much I don't play. This sale is ridiculous though.

I understand what you're saying for sure! However, just think of it like I do. It's better to spend a little extra now, and stock up on a good variety for the year until next year's holiday sales :)

I mean, seriously, this stuff would cost us hundreds of dollars if we bought it any other time. I did the math last night, and I bought about $332 worth of games for $83. I mean, that's like the cost of one new release and an expansion or something normally!

I understand what you're saying for sure! However, just think of it like I do. It's better to spend a little extra now, and stock up on a good variety for the year until next year's holiday sales :)

I mean, seriously, this stuff would cost us hundreds of dollars if we bought it any other time. I did the math last night, and I bought about $332 worth of games for $83. I mean, that's like the cost of one new release and an expansion or something normally!

Yeah, I know I know. I'll see if I give in when I get home today. Thankfully, most people in my family are aware that if they're gonna get me any presents, it's usually cash. Unmarked, nonsequential bills that have been laundered...which I will then use to purchase "goods and services".

I'm eying that Borderlands discount very much...

A friend of mine gifted me Beyond Good & Evil. I already have a hard copy, but I'd rather have a digital copy so I don't have to deal with discs. I'll probably pick up the Oddworld Pack for that same friend and me for five bucks total. I never played it when it came out. :\ I probably won't pick up anything else unless something catches my eye in the daily deals.