Steam Holiday Sale

atmuh

I splurged and got Torchlight and Serious Sam HD (I got tired of waiting for a physical disc release).

SSHD is as expected, fun with ridiculous amounts of shit to shoot. Some of the textures don't look HD (they look like the original textures blown up... they're rather fuzzy), but the game itself plays like I remember with the original game. Torchlight is just pure Diablo goodness (sans the brand name). I now know why people have been speaking well of the game. Love the pet addition.

I got torchlight today, mainly cause 5 bucks is a good selling point for just about any game I'm semi interested in.

haha, dude, exactly how I am.

Join the club :-( .

Well, there's kind of a strategy to it. You gotta remember that some of the games are on sale until Jan 3rd, so unless you like OMG GOTTA HAVE IT RIGHT THIS SECOND then it's not a bad idea to wait and see if it's going to go on the SUPER DEAL OF THE DAY list. That's kind of how I am at this point. I was on the edge about Torchlight, but then I saw it today and ba-ZING - bam, picked it up.

I bought Torchlight when it was $20. :(

Oh well, it was still mighty worth it.

In the sale I've only gotten Defense Grid, and recently just bought Lumines for the girlfriend.

Still waiting on better sales, but, I love when Christmas comes around @ Steam. :) Last year I bought CoH, which is an example of a game I would never normally purchase.

Just a heads up, if you wanted Lumines and missed out on it, and you have a 360, there's this little thing called Qubed on the 360. It's Rez, E4, and Lumines, with like all the DLC on one CD. It's also $20 new.

Also this sale is killing me. I must've bought like... seven games.