Steam Holiday Sale

atmuh

Do yourself a favor and get the Space Quest and King's Quest anthologies.

13 classic Sierra adventure games for 10 bucks. It's really a steal.

Sierra, back in the day when Adventure games were still popular, made the absolute best of them.

Check one set or the other out.

The best ones, in my opinion are:

Space Quest 1

Space Quest 4

King's Quest 5

King's Quest 6 (the best of all of them, imo)

Check it out folks! Don't let those shiny new toys distract you!

Kinda stayed away from the sales since I don't have as much time as I'd like to game right now, but ended up getting Audiosurf (2.50), Braid (2.50), and Torchlight (9.99). If only I'd caught Torchlight when it was $5, would have been a hell of a snag to get them all for a little over $10, but hey, compared to their normal prices this is still a great deal.

Can't wait to try some OCR tracks in Audiosurf, Braid looks intriguing and fun, and Torchlight will just be something to mess around with when I'm bored.

Kinda tempted to get Half-Life source, never finished the original Half-Life but loved 2 and it's episodes.

Edit: Trine for $5 drew me in as well, I guess it's safe to say I'm focused on "new old school" games.

i will buy you another steam game if you want i am feeling generous but you only have a day until the sale is over!

I really want to try that family feud collection pack. Has anyone played it? My girlfriend and I just love family feud. Also, Torchlight is 5 bucks again and stalker shadow of chernoybl is 2 bucks. hells yea!

Man, I wish that I could buy stuff based on how much they are rather than how many games I want. :sad:

I've had to put a halt on my spending, mostly because my parents wonder when I'm ever going to have time to play all of these games. But hey, I say better to get the games when they're at a complete bargain price than later on when I have the time but LESS MONEY. :shock:

Which is sad, because GTAIV and Bioshock looked really good. So did Defense Grid. And that's not even twenty dollars.

I figure this sale is stocking up on all the games I'm gonna be playing for the next... uh... FOREVER. I got about 25 games at an average of under $5 each. Can't complain about that.

Ditto man. There are a lot of games I missed out on due to me not having a capable computer or not owning a console the past few years. I figure this is a good time to catch-up ^_^.

Torchlight, Killing Floor, Jade Empire, Borderlands, Audiosurf, and Bioshock all bought in the past couple of weeks and under the price of a single console game. Sure, might not be a LOT of games, but I still also have a couple games I've just bought I need to finish, and since Winter Break is over that means a LOT less time for video games :-(

I really should've waited just a couple of days before snatching up Torchlight for 9.99. Why, you ask?

Because the deal is back, my friends. Today, it is BACK at 4.99. :shock: Me and my lack of patience.

Same here, I just knew one of the things I bought yesterday was gonna be at a better price today, though at the same time I knew they'd already put Torchlight to 75% off a few days ago and figured they wouldn't repeat that, and 50% off was better than nothing. A few hours after I buy it it's back to 75%... :tomatoface: it's a $5 difference, but still annoying. Still made out like a bandit overall though.

Man, I wish that I could buy stuff based on how much they are rather than how many games I want. :sad:

I've had to put a halt on my spending, mostly because my parents wonder when I'm ever going to have time to play all of these games. But hey, I say better to get the games when they're at a complete bargain price than later on when I have the time but LESS MONEY. :shock:

Which is sad, because GTAIV and Bioshock looked really good. So did Defense Grid. And that's not even twenty dollars.

Dude, buy them now and stow them away for later.

My cousin raided a Circuit City when they were liquidating, got like 10-15 PS3 games for about $200 altogether. He only opened 3 of them so far. Get them while they're cheap!

Bought by myself:

Telltale Everything Pack

Oddworld Double Pack

Command & Conquer Red Alert 3 + Uprising

STALKER (Just the first one)

Jedi Knight Pack (This makes the third time I've bought Jedi Knight 2)

Torchlight (RIGHT BEFORE IT GOES ON SALE AGAIN)

Darwinia + Multiwinia

jesus christ my wallet

Gifted from friends:

Left 4 Dead

Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast

Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box (Have it on 360, but my 360 is in extended storage. Friend was attempting to let me still have fun on it...but my puny computer is too much for it)

Jedi Knight Pack (This makes the third time I've bought Jedi Knight 2)

Would have been my 4th, but then I was like, "Screw it. I own this game already... I'll just torrent it."

Didn't get my CC number in time, but I managed to sucker my mom into getting me Braid and the Shooter Pack.

Yeah, the isometric view makes it seems more Diablo-ish.

Anyway, here's an article that kinda describes what I'm sure most of us are feeling after this sale:

http://www.gamerswithjobs.com/node/48545

I spent $93.08 total BTW. I actually heckled people in the LAN room at MAGFest to let me check the day's deals, that's how sad it was.

So how much money did everyone else blow on the sale?