EastWest Symphonic is giving away their orchestra for FREE! Limited time only!

EC2151

I was told this by my pals in the Newgrounds Audio Portal, but EastWest is giving out free sampleset starter kits (say that five times fast) for their symphonic stuff.

Which is really awesome, considering that buying this stuff costs hundreds of dollars.

http://www.soundsonline.com/free-orchestra?id=f60c16c936c09da159d6b51d82d2adb4

Follow that link, complete a short internet survey, get a confirmation code, and download away!

Also, this is apparently only good for the first 50,000 users or something like that, so get this fast, like I did!

Also:

Of course, if you choose not to upgrade, you get to keep this version which is not time limited, and not copy protected!!

I like spreading news about good deals (even though I'm pretty virtually unknown here), so I'm giving those who want some good free orchestral sounds a nice heads-up!

:<:<:<

EDIT:

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/producer/powered-by-kore/holiday-selection-2009/?page=1235

Also, Kontakt/Kore releases holiday cheer for prospective musicians.

SWEET. Thanks for the heads up!

Seriously, we have the utmost faith that once you get to experience this starter version you will want to upgrade to the Gold, Platinum, or Platinum Plus versions with their extensive articulations and other enhanced features;
LOL, even if this starter kit does convince me that I want the full version, I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY! Soooo...yoink. Later, suckers!
and if you don't, it's our gift to you!
Oh. Ok then. That's very nice of you, thanks :)

Is it just me or is the installer... not installing?

It just says "The features you selected are currently being installed." but it doesn't look like anything is happening.

I got a 1721 error (whatever that is) and to fix it I had to run the installer in compatibility mode (right click > properties > compatibility tab) and completely disable User Account Control from the control panel.

I'm running Win 7 64bit and using the 64bit installer.

Anyone know what it comes with? I'm DLing right now, won't get a chance to install for a week or so.
1.7 free GB of good stuff! I’ve been playing with it for a half hour and I’m having fun. Content:

Violin sect (forte-piano)

Violin sect (legato vib)

Trumpet duo (legato)

Trumpet duo (staccato 4x round robin)

French horn sect (staccato)

Solo Bassoon (sust vib)

Solo Cello (staccato up/down samples)

Crotales

English horn (portato)

Marimba

Orch chimes

Solo French horn (legato)

Solo Flute (legato)

Sleigh bells (ring, are you listening?)

Trombone duo (legato vib)

Solo Trombone (legato)

Tambourine

Triangle

Violin sect (pizz)

Strings sect (legato)

Mostly positive reviews so far. I don’t like the default release settings. Everything sound flooded with reverb. That can be changed though. Some of the samples have audible hiss when played alone, but in context I’m sure they’re fine. Also, the first time I ran it, it froze Sonar. However it’s been fine ever since.

Content: Violin sect (forte-piano)

Violin sect (legato vib)

Trumpet duo (legato)

Trumpet duo (staccato 4x round robin)

French horn sect (staccato)

Solo Bassoon (sust vib)

Solo Cello (staccato up/down samples)

Crotales

English horn (portato)

Marimba

Orch chimes

Solo French horn (legato)

Solo Flute (legato)

Sleigh bells (ring, are you listening?)

Trombone duo (legato vib)

Solo Trombone (legato)

Tambourine

Triangle

Violin sect (pizz)

Strings sect (legato)

Thank FSM that there are no Piano sounds, I have so friggin many pianos sounds.