Final Fantasy 13

Hyperion5182

March 9 2010 is the launch date. Its already out in japan. The music on the website is awesome the trailer looked incredible, I'm buying a monitor capable of hdmi so i can get the full benefits of this game. This is shaping up to be the best since 7. A female lead a very interesting combat system and a lot more that has yet to be disclosed. I know people are hyped about this!

buying a PS3 march 9 for it actually

that and Blaz Blu

Well its going to be on 360 as well. So i'm sticking with that unless i see compelling evidence to the contrary. Given that Square broke from sony in taking this FF multi platform i cant believe that the 360 will be substandard to the PS3 in any shape or form. Too much rides on it.

Holy GOD, people. They're both going to be the same exact game. The only difference between the two will be multiple discs on the 360 version. All that crap about either version being superior? That's PR spin.

Give it a rest already.

This is also the first/last time I post in this thread. I can't handle the inevitable spoilers. :-(

Holy GOD, people. They're both going to be the same exact game. The only difference between the two will be multiple discs on the 360 version. All that crap about either version being superior? That's PR spin.

Give it a rest already.

This is also the first/last time I post in this thread. I can't handle the inevitable spoilers. :-(

To be honest it's less console favortism and more the fact that the PS3 (now) has more I want to play on it than the 360 does.

I keep liking this game less and less the more I see it. I'm more excited for versus xiii. Aparently they showed a very short clip last Saturday of Noctis on a highway. A car came and picked him up and drove off. The words "Revelation will come next time" appeared after that. But the thing is, this video was made using the ingame engine, and it was almost indistinguishable from the CGI cutscenes. The trailer was shown behind closed doors, so we are going to have to wait. But rumers say that early 2010 will have a lot more trailers for it.

I dunno. Ridiculous laughing scene? Teeth-gnashing butterfly minigame? GIANT SPACE TICK FINAL BOSS?

Actually it's probably linear which yeah I guess would be disappointing after FF12.

japanese humor like that translated for the americans is always bound to be corny. have you not watched anime? gtfo

butterflies are metal. have you not seen a monarch present itself in a sexual manner? gtfo

giant ticks remain to be the most frightening element of my nightmares. have you ever witnessed a tick kill a man? gtfo

but in all seriousness, i like the fact that the actual final bosses of the game were pretty manageable, so newer and casual fans of the game wouldn't gnash their teeth over THAT when trying to simply beat the game. the calm lands arena, however, made up for those pushovers and delivered a great challenge. i'm pretty sure i gave up on the game for several months at some point because of it

looking forward to ffxiii, but maybe not all the side games...we'll see

At last, a game is made from the fabric of the soul. And now, it's closer than ever!

Seriously though.. that's a great song but it's got no business being in a Final Fantasy. I play RPGs for escapism and FF13 just reeks of japanese pop culture. At least FF14 looks to retain the FANTASY half of the franchises' long running title. Hopefully we won't find out that the main theme for that one is coming to us from Kanye West or something.

I've always said that I will get a PS3 "when FF13 comes out." Well I find myself wondering if I will actually be getting one in 3 months when it comes out, but I will eventually. This game looks and sounds very cool (absolutely love the battle theme) so far but, as some people have already mentioned I have heard it is very linear which could be unfortunate depending on how much optional content there ends up being.

Either way it's an FF game and I know I'll be playing it, maybe not on its release date though, which is kinda too bad.

The song thing was debated to the ends of the earth in a previous thread, I think both are ok, though I'd probably have preferred to stick with the standard j-pop ballad, oh well.