DVD-RW drive saying it's a CD Drive drive when blank DVD is put in...

The Coop

So here's my little problem. After having to do a complete destructive restore on my PC thanks to things going absolutely bat shit crazy in it, I'm left with a strange issue.

I have a number of blank DVD+R discs that I want to use. They're Memorex, and they worked fine up until this problem. That problem? Whenever I put one of them into my DVD drive to burn it, the drive changes from "DVD-RW Drive" to "CD Drive".

Early this morning, before this all happened, I burned two blank DVD+Rs. They completed with no verification errors. Now, when I put those two DVD+Rs into the drive, nothing comes up. It goes from "DVD-RW Drive" to "CD Drive", and acts like the discs are empty. But if I pop them in Nero, that program shows that the files are indeed on the disc.

Anyone know what the hell's going on? It just started happening out of the blue. Older burned DVD+Rs from a month or so ago are still coming up normally, and I can still pop in movies and games and have them be read by the drive just fine. But this bizarre problem is really starting to get on my nerves.

Some handy info...

XP Home SP2

Lite-On SOHW 1693S (up to date firmware)

Nero 6

Oh, and on a more minor note, can anyone access Microsoft's website? I need SP3 for XP, but everything results in a "Server Not Found" error.