OCR01963 - Final Fantasy IV "The Flying Machine"

djpretzel

So I have a love/hate thing going with this track from the project. What I didn't like was how different this track went from probably anyone's thoughts on the source material. However, once you get over that and think about this track for what it is regardless of source, this is actually a pretty nifty song, although I wish it was longer.

Good job!

Admittedly after listening to a lot of orchestrated Final Fantasy lately, most just sorta seems to run together, but this one manages to stick out and is one of the more memorable tracks from Echoes, imo.

The themes used here just seem to lend themselves well to the orchestra and feel quite distinct. This is definitely a wonderful track and worth listening to.

Short but sweet effort that proves that John Revoredo is as unique as he is talented. Every one of his mixes sounds unique, and so it's interesting to hear his take on a very popular genre. It manages to stay fresh through great samples and realistic articulation, as well as a smooth set of transitions between each of the tracks that was being covered.

Very nice work! :-D

This has always been one of the most moving pieces from the album. The range of styles on the album itself is quite vast, but I have a soft-spot for this kind of orchestral style. This was one of my wake-up alarm songs for a while, and with good reason. If you have this song playing in the background, all your humdrum activities seem very epic.

Great job with the track, John. This moving and adventurous-feeling mix is one of your best, and it could have been plucked right out of a movie score without question.

I'm another sucker for those epic orchestral pieces, and this one definitely fits the bill quite well. The details in the harmonies and counter melodies really help carry this piece, and I love the percussion at 1:02 (and other areas similar).

This one has been one of my favorites from the album for a while. Nice work, I always enjoy John's stuff.

I just boarded my airship and all I can say is jesus fucknig christ

the only thing that sounds out of place is those congos or whatever percussion instrument that is. It sounds cheap and unsaturated, which is strange because the rest of the instruments sound grand

Final Fantasy IV has a surprisingly under remixed soundtrack for the quality of the music that's in the game. It's great to see someone remixing this game again.

As for the song itself, I haven't heard anyone take this approach to this song. It has a natural, orchestral feel to the song and it works well with the epic quality and sound of the original song.

Very exciting stuff! The few issues I had with production are minor, and overall this is sweeping, powerful, and has a pretty unique sonic imprint; you can tell this is John, rather than another arranger using similar samples.

The build to 1:30 is superb, and then the modulation at 1:45 keeps things somewhat unpredictable. Nice work! :-)

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
I love the grand flying feeling the ReMix sends out throughout the song and it's definitely on my playlist. The beginning was great and all the transitions were spot on.

Quoted For

The intro is awesome. I can just imagine a great flying ship in the air during a storm, the rowers keeping time with the beat.

Great Emphasis

This is definitely a tune worthy of the great Final Fantasy Air Ships. This just wraps up so many feelings of awe, majesty, epicness, determination, and raw adventure. And the intro is totally stunning; those powerful drums really just draw you in.

This is a completely energizing and uplifting song too and is a wonderful and enrapturing listen.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01963 - Final Fantasy IV "The Flying Machine"