OCR Community Music Video Challenge is OVER!

The Biznut

I still can't come up with any ideas that are achievable with my available resources.
I'm in the same boat, but I still want to try. I'm totally innundated at the moment; in a couple of weeks I'll go through the remixes to look for an appropriate mix for which a vid would be doable.

I often run into issues with music ideas, where I get an idea for a remix in my head, and I just can't seem to make anything that adds up.

It's the same with video, probably harder, especially for real life shooting.

I do have a solution, and it involves rolling back some expectations. My idea's are often very grand, and so I am going to have to scale things back a bit. I also think I need to not expect as much, start shooting with a very loose idea as opposed to specific video sequences, and I bet while shooting or editing I will be surprised by what comes up.

It seems a few people, including myself, are a bit hung up on choosing a tune. For the next go around, would it be a good idea to pick one song for everyone to do a video for? Maybe a handful of songs? I am beginning to think that narrowing down the song selection would help people get started at least.

What do you think about that?

Also I am busy this weekend, but I would love to do an IRC brainstorming session with those who are having trouble getting going. If you have hardware issues, maybe we can come up with some creative alternatives or work arounds.

Thanks for giving this a shot everyone, don't give up! If it is any consolation, I think Brush and Level 99 might get something together too. Once I confirm that rumor,I will put them on the *cool* list. lol

It seems a few people, including myself, are a bit hung up on choosing a tune. For the next go around, would it be a good idea to pick one song for everyone to do a video for? Maybe a handful of songs? I am beginning to think that narrowing down the song selection would help people get started at least.

What do you think about that?

2 reasons I don't like this idea.

1- If we all did the same song, spending hours editing with it, and then watched the entire collection, hearing that same song a further 6 or 10 times would nearly guarantee we never want to hear the song again.

2- Are you guys really so uncreative that you can't think of a matching feasible concept and song? I've got something like 5 in my head.

Hey, coming up with feasible music-video ideas can be hard when you're.... not LAOS. :nicework:

I definitely wouldn't want people doing multiple videos for the same song, but having assigned songs and/or a limited pool... actually I'd rather have it open to all OC Remixes no matter what.

Anyone who can't find a song can try the Russian ReMix Roulette :tomatoface:

What I suggest is we encourage people to post remixes they'd like to see video'd, and video-ers can pick them if they want to. But you'd have to say so if you're picking a song that was requested in the thread... or else two people might end up doing the same song.

As for the progress on my video... none yet, but I'm once again feeling that I WON'T have to shorten the song.

What I suggest is we encourage people to post remixes they'd like to see video'd, and video-ers can pick them if they want to. But you'd have to say so if you're picking a song that was requested in the thread... or else two people might end up doing the same song.

Now THERE'S a happy medium. Like the 'Requests' sub forum... results may or may not happen but the ideas can reign free.

Here's something for debate; how do y'all feel about an alternate title. Say for example, I do a song like:

Ghosts & Goblins

Ghosts & Condoms

Mazedude

...but it just so happens I make a video with footage of a bunch of monkeys doing back flips... Could it/Should it be titled more like:

LAOS & Mazedude

"Monkey Flip Mania"

Ghosts & Goblins - Ghosts & Condoms

?

Here's something for debate; how do y'all feel about an alternate title. Say for example, I do a song like:

Ghosts & Goblins

Ghosts & Condoms

Mazedude

...but it just so happens I make a video with footage of a bunch of monkeys doing back flips... Could it/Should it be titled more like:

LAOS & Mazedude

"Monkey Flip Mania"

Ghosts & Goblins - Ghosts & Condoms

?

Still hoping for an opinion or two on this issue. Also; I had a great day of filming. My project is picking up speed and I'm pretty psyched about it.

I haven't started yet, but I'm also wondering about the alternate title thing. My video would certainly benefit from an alternate title... in fact, without a title some viewers might not "get" it right away, or at all...

...Whether the title thing is official or not, I plan to show the title during the intro.

I think any/all credit titling should be done by the organizer of the finished video set... that way they can all be formatted the same.

Ah, I think we're talking about two different things; the title I want to show in the intro is ONLY the video's title, and is displayed in a very (very) stylized fashion and takes up most of the screen. You'll see what I mean ;)

If we require an additional "music video"-style title/song name/artist in the corner, that's fine by me too.

I think any/all credit titling should be done by the organizer of the finished video set... that way they can all be formatted the same.

From my experience, that will only end horribly. I estimate it will take me about 3 tries to upload the video to youtube with the following qualifications met:

- video/sound sync not completely ruined

- sound is in stereo

- small words are readable

- small sprites are sufficiently visible

- colours are in-tact

Although, it's been a year since I've experienced a problem with these... it's possible youtube has fixed these issues by now, but I really doubt it, considering their complete failure to even acknowledge the problems (or the complaints and questions about them) last time I checked. Which, again, was a year ago, so who knows =p

On that note, we'll have to figure out how to title the videos themselves (i.e. the title that is displayed above the video), and whether or not that title may include "Monkey Flip Mania".

Also, I've completely ruled out uploading my video to Newgrounds, so nobody will have to worry about that ^_^

Ah, I think we're talking about two different things; the title I want to show in the intro is ONLY the video's title, and is displayed in a very (very) stylized fashion and takes up most of the screen. You'll see what I mean ;)

If we require an additional "music video"-style title/song name/artist in the corner, that's fine by me too.

From my experience, that will only end horribly. I estimate it will take me about 3 tries to upload the video to youtube with the following qualifications met:

- video/sound sync not completely ruined

- sound is in stereo

- small words are readable

- small sprites are sufficiently visible

- colours are in-tact

Although, it's been a year since I've experienced a problem with these... it's possible youtube has fixed these issues by now, but I really doubt it, considering their complete failure to even acknowledge the problems (or the complaints and questions about them) last time I checked. Which, again, was a year ago, so who knows =p

On that note, we'll have to figure out how to title the videos themselves (i.e. the title that is displayed above the video), and whether or not that title may include "Monkey Flip Mania".

Also, I've completely ruled out uploading my video to Newgrounds, so nobody will have to worry about that ^_^

Dude fuck youtube. Keep in touch as the project develops and we'll make sure that the video gets a slightly more reliable consistent home. I figure if you want to post on youtube after that you can be welcome to.

EDIT: btw, if there isn't at least one monkey flip in your video I'm gonna be pissed. Never tease a man with a flipping monkey.

Dude fuck youtube. Keep in touch as the project develops and we'll make sure that the video gets a slightly more reliable consistent home.

We have a better hosting solution? =D Then I guess that settles everything.

Waaaait no it doesn't... We still need to figure out the whole title situation. Well, I've already said more than I needed to :nicework:

And I can't promise there will be a monkey flip, but I will try :3