OCR Community Music Video Challenge is OVER!

The Biznut

Oh by the way I'm going to win.

I know this isn't a competition but I'm still going to win.

As for the 'viewing party' I thought something that might be fun is not just coordinating groups around the world to watch it at the same time... but also to film the reactions of the groups and assemble that footage later.

By the way, did any of you guys go with a 'two-girls-one-cup' theme or was it just me?

Oh by the way I'm going to win.

I know this isn't a competition but I'm still going to win.

As for the 'viewing party' I thought something that might be fun is not just coordinating groups around the world to watch it at the same time... but also to film the reactions of the groups and assemble that footage later.

By the way, did any of you guys go with a 'two-girls-one-cup' theme or was it just me?

I was going to, but now it's "two-girls-one-cup-one-monkey"

But seriously, I think I might have a chance of "winning" too. Assuming I get started on it one of these days. Some time within the next two weeks looks promising.

As I am totally new to video, my progress is that I practiced taking video with the camcorder and putting it into iMovie and editing it. I still have not chosen a remix or settled on one idea.

Srsly I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull something together, but there's still more than a month left, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

But I'm glad that people sound so confident about their videos! I really look forward to seeing them. And I'm sure there will be a lot for me to learn from in seeing what everyone else comes up with.

As I am totally new to video, my progress is that I practiced taking video with the camcorder and putting it into iMovie and editing it. I still have not chosen a remix or settled on one idea.

Srsly I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull something together, but there's still more than a month left, so I'm not throwing in the towel yet.

But I'm glad that people sound so confident about their videos! I really look forward to seeing them. And I'm sure there will be a lot for me to learn from in seeing what everyone else comes up with.

Think of it like you're working on wips... even if they don't get finished, or nothing amazing comes together, they're still interesting for the public to listen to... we can always crop down what you DO have too so it's CLOSER to a full video.

It keeps amusing me how everyone* seems to be saying things like:

Oh man, mine's coming along great... I think it's going to be really good. It's totally looking amazing.

I'm totally gonna start soon.

:whatevaa: What?

*friendlyHunter

Glad you're amused, that's the idea ^_^

But certainly you remember the comedy contest here - didn't that have a deadline of around 1 week? I've had enough practice with this kind of thing to know that I can finish it in two weeks probably, and I have over a month, so... =D

In fact, the music video was originally started for that contest. Granted I don't have as much free time as I used to, but a few days of solid work can go really far.

[Edit]

And I already acquired most of the sprites years ago, and the backgrounds are all done for the most part, so all that's left is plenty of funky funky sprite animation.

So I have pretty much decided on my concept and the remix I'd like to use. What did we decide about contacting the remixer? Should I ask them for permission or is it more like, "hey I'm making a music video of this and you can't stop me!" But I mean, in a polite way. And should I update the thread with my choice of remix or should we save it as a surprise?

I'm getting excited though I'm not sure if I'll really be able to pull this off. But I'm gonna try. In the next few days I will start with the first step: set/prop construction!! This is going to be fuuuun!! .D

So I have pretty much decided on my concept and the remix I'd like to use. What did we decide about contacting the remixer? Should I ask them for permission or is it more like, "hey I'm making a music video of this and you can't stop me!" But I mean, in a polite way. And should I update the thread with my choice of remix or should we save it as a surprise?

We decided it's not required so long as we give proper credit... which is pretty impossible for us not to.

I had to make a decision when I didn't hear back from my remixer for about a month straight... then I finally did and I was more than a little relieved. But yeah, I was totally gonna just be like: 'I already started... so... you can't stop me!'

Also, save the song as a surprise. I know I am.

I finally began to add some stuff to my vid. Looks great ! But can't add some Obama footage in it, too sad xD

But a bad news : since I live in France, I won't be able to be with you for the viewing party, guyz.

Don't worry dude, even though Biznut and I are both in Canada we're STILL like 3 days drive away from each other. Everyone else is usually all over the states... what I mean to say is; it would be 'parties' not 'party'. It would be nearly impossible to centralize unless it happened at magfest or some other large-scale gathering.