OCR01964 - Final Fantasy VII "Aire Tam Break"

djpretzel

When you showed me the video, I was pretty blown away. When you told me that what you recorded was done on one take, and that's what was used as one the guitars in the final song, I was floored. Your guitar and production skills are ridiculous, Mr. Fishy. Even though FFVII has been remixed almost to death, I didn't have a problem with your version in the least.

Despite my guitar bias, this track is solid through and through. While it doesn't reinvent the wheel or explore very many new territories, what it does do, which is rock, it does well. Posting the video was a great bonus so that I can see how you play, and then imitate it...and then I will become you :tomatoface: my face is melted...actually, that would be a great idea for one of the smilies on the site: a smilie with the face melted.

Good tunes, good vid, good times.

Listening to this mix is like watching a magician perform. I am spellbound at the sheer mastery of the guitar displayed here. Also this feels like a full course meal; this is extremely satisfying and there's absolutely nothing skimpy about this mix.

Completely awesome and amazing. :-)

The transition between themes is pretty seamless, which is always a plus. Some nice combinations between the synths/guitars/drums; nothing feels overpowering or underfelt. I feel like the drums get just a mite bit stale towards the end, but it's not something that drags down the mix in any way. Overall some nice work and a good listen.

The guitar sounds like it was recorded in one of Dexter's kill rooms. No mess left behind.

The best bits about this remix is the harmonized guitar part some time after the 2 minute mark (makes me dream of FF7 NES). Also when you played with the Rhythm of the FF7 battle music (Was that syncopated?) that was awesome.

Those two moments were the 'boner' moments for me, would like to have heard some call backs to those points.

But way better than anything I can do, and a subjective opinion on my part.

This is pretty great, Fishy, though I can't shake the feeling that the mix feels a little... empty. Not quite as intense as some of your other songs, even though the genre adaptation feels like it should be.

I've still enjoyed listening to this one ever since I saw it come up on your Youtube profile, but I don't think it's your strongest effort to date.

This song has some interesting ideas, but I feel like some more work could go into this, particularly in having some more low end in the song (with a rhythm guitar or putting the drums more forward maybe?), and perhaps using the second part of the boss theme from the game to make the song more full. It feels somehow incomplete when it ends after just going into the beginnings of the boss theme.

I do like the rest of the song though, as here we have the drums dictating the pace, and there are other nice touches in the song such as with the surf sound with the guitar in the beginning.

If this is an example of the quality of music we can expect from Fishy now that he has resigned from judging then I am truly excited. This mix is so well put together and generally rocks hard and heavy. If Fishy keeps making mixes like this then god help us all cause the world cant contain that much awesomeness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01964 - Final Fantasy VII "Aire Tam Break"