OoT Ice Cavern (Temples EP)

Theophany

This isn't going to be an OCR submission, but I want to share it with you guys, since it's ultimately for you anyway. It's a short ambient/scenic demo for a project I've started, which remixes or rearranges the Temple themes from Ocarina of Time, and their corresponding ocarina themes. I anticipate there being a scenic/ambient track like this one for each area, but it all depends on how much time and effort I can put into the project. I've got a Shadow Temple WIP in the works at the moment, and also a Bolero of Fire WIP many of you already know about. I plan to remake Serenade of Water, though you can check out the original version here on OCR. This is going to be more of an EP than an album, even though it's got a lot of tracks, mostly because I'm only doing source tracks related to the Temples theme.

If anybody is interested in this little project and would like to help, that would be totally cool. It would be neat to get some art to go along with the tracks, though maybe I'm dreaming a little too much. The rest I haven't figured out yet, but it would be to get a little torrent going, though I've never done that before. Otherwise I at least plan to put it up on mediafire, megaupload and youtube, as a playlist. Anyway, here's a tentative track list:

Ocarina of Time: Temples

1. Ice Cavern (Scenic)

2. Water Temple

3. Serenade (Reprise)

4. Lost Woods (Scenic)

5. Forest Temple

6. Minuet

7. Ghost Lanterns (Scenic)

8. Shadow Temple

9. Nocturne

10. Fire Temple

11. Bolero

12. Volvagia (for Project Badass)

13. Desert (Scenic)

14. Spirit Temple

15. Requiem

16. Temple of Time

If anybody plays any instruments and has a means of recording, and would be willing to record some parts, send me a PM. I'll be slowly chipping away at this project over the next year (realistically), so there's definitely no deadlines, and if you want to help, it's totally up to you and I won't hold you to it. This track list, again, is just tentative. I have no idea how much of it I will be able to finish, or whether or not I'll be combining certain Ocarina and Temple themes into a single mix. I'm not planning on keeping this thread alive as a project thread, because it's pretty much a solo project, though I'm really looking for people who would be willing to record live parts for things like violin, cello, and voice, especially voice, female or male. It would not entail any lyrics. But I would definitely love some help in the vocal department for tracks like Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple, and Temple of Time. If you're open to doing this, please PM me.

Ice Cavern Demo:

img.php?fid=606

Hope you enjoy. Let me know what you think.

Cheers! :D

This is highly relevant to my interests :-D You know how much I love your OoT mixes!

This one sounds like it could use some light percussion, maybe in the form of hand drums. It's very interesting though, I think a bit more humanization on the bells would add to the realism and lifelike nature of the song. The violin sample, though... absolutely gorgeous! :-D I don't know where/how you got such good samples, but I want them!

If you're going for the feel of the Ice Cavern, some blowing wind effects, or maybe some panned windchimes, would help recreate the experience of going through the cavern in the actual game. I feel like this WIP is just begging for a sampled sound that the ice statue monsters made when they shot their icy breath at you, or something similar to that.

Best of luck with the project, it's high up on my anticipation list! :-)

Yeah, it's a baby/toy glockenspiel, and probably the most realistic sound I have at the moment. I do kind of like the small sound, but I could play around with effects a bit. They probably could use some humanizing, but I was feeling kind of lazy, so I'll get to it later. I hadn't really thought about hand drums for this track, since it's more meant to be like an ambient scene with some background music, but I'll play around with the idea of some unconventional percussion maybe, like maybe using the snow steps as the percussion and not just as background throughout the mix. It's kind of Bjorkish, but it could fit nicely. I'll probably try out some hand percussion as well.

Thanks for the quick responses guys :D