FF7 Battle Theme (Bak. R)

Neverback-Music

This is pretty good - there is a lot of good material.

I personally think the constant percussive beats that come on 1, 2+, and 4 are too repetitive as they continue through the entire piece in some voice. I also think there could be more original material and a better outro by far, there simply isn't enough material here for a submission I'd say.

Even still, this is pretty good, keep at it!

I didn't like the voice sound it takes away from the orchestral feel. You should try making it longer and the piano is a little too quiet. But other than that it sounds awesome, totally a movie score and the instruments sound amazing. Keep working on it, I definately want to hear more from you.

... and the piano is a little too quiet.

I disagree here. I think the the piano sits nicely in the orchestra currently, and it's a good dynamic contrast with what came before it; I don't think it needs to be any louder.

I think the timpani solo at 0:58 might benefit from being doubled in another voice. Cellos playing eighth notes, maybe; something to help define the pitch more clearly.

This is getting really nitpicky, but the brass solo at 1:06 sounds a bit mechanical to me, mostly because there's no dynamic contrast in the line. Automating volume changes to create appropriate swelling and tapering on the sustained notes would fix it.

Holy monkey! (Thats really the first thing I could think of to say)

This is epic. This sounds like it could have been on the SSBB soundtrack or something.

I would turn up the volume a little on the piano(?) that starts at 0:51 and then have some fast attack strings fade in to back it, then have them come in full force at 1:01.

• 1 month later...

I like the idea of the remix: it sounds energetic, has well-sounding instruments and diversity.

Subjectively, some of the melodies just sound too faint, too distant. I like that in the beginning -- the piano is faint. That fits: it's the start of the track and there's plenty of time for recognition later on. Don't give too much away.

However, the acoustic guitar (I guess) that starts around 0m51s could use a lot more volume.

And if you go to a sudden quite section (1m37s), I would suggest you have a build-up before that. the song retains the same dynamics, the same volume throughout until that drop. So now it sounds like you just cut something out. If you build up to something, your listeners expect something different. Whether it be a harder part or, as you do, a quieter part, does not matter. The build-up signals that a change is coming. It would not feel so sudden, any more. To me, at least.

Really looking forward to this.