Rock Band guitar weaponized in domestic violence

lazygecko

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/29/blackstreet-singer-accused-of-rock-band-attack/

I clicked the article expecting more zany VG violence news... except the offender in question is Teddy Riley :-/

He is just cited as a singer from Blackstreet, but he was more than that. He was a producer and pretty much single-handedly changed the face of R&B and pop music during the late 80's and 90's. He also made Dangerous, Keep It In The Closet and Jam for Michael Jackson, and in turn was likely involved with Sonic 3 in some capacity. I pretty much idolized the guy. Up until this tragic incident.

He had also produced for Bobby Brown who was a notorious wife-beater.

In the documents, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Taja claims at one point Teddy, "lifted a Rock Band guitar and threatened to kill person(s) w/ it."
That's why I never play on expert...

This is like a love-fest for those "Concerned Parents of America" type groups, because they can villainize video games AND rock music at the SAME TIME. Bonus.

Irony points if "Don't Look Back in Anger" was playing at the time.

Also, yeah... identifying Teddy Riley as "'Blackstreet' Singer" is like calling Paul McCartney "That guy from 'Wings'"...

And, finally: I'm guessing his daughters did NOT like the way he was working it.

That's it, I'm out. Also domestic violence is never funny.

Except, in this instance, it kinda is.

What... Teddy... Why... I absolutely love Teddy Riley. I don't understand why he would do this. He always seems so calm and collected.

edit:

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/30/blackstreet-singer-teddy-riley-daughters-statement-apology-i-would-never-beat-my-kids?icid=sphere_tmzcom_inline

This seems more in character but I dunno, only time will tell I guess. I really hope he didn't do this.