Super Metroid....for Sega Genesis

lazygecko

I love the Super Metroid soundtrack in any incarnation it takes, but this is gorgeous. And a really clever idea, in my opinion.

I want you to do every track in the game. Anyone reading this should post how much they agree and put pressure on Yamori to do the whole soundtrack :D

You can't say no to ten thousand of us!!

Just kidding... awesome work, man. Thanks for posting this, I'm definitely checking back for updates.

I thought Super Metroid would be an interesting pick since it would be pretty challenging to translate properly into FM synthesis. I think so far some aspects sound better and some worse than the original. For one, the SNES version suffers from a severe case of the "muffled" sound from that stupid filter/interpolation going on, so with FM the sound gets more brilliance. On the other hand, Super Metroid has some great eerie choir samples that make up a lot of the atmosphere. I just figured out a great trick to get good choirs out of FM though. It takes 2 slightly modified patches complementing eachother, but that also swallows 2 channels. I will update Brinstar 2 with better choirs later.