ORC 126 - String quartet in F 2010 [extended to the 20th]

Doulifée

- The Original Remixing Competition -

orcyn7.png

Welcome to ORC126.

Source Material

Happy new year 2010. Holidays are over so it's time to move forward to another orc.

Divine Wrath - String Quartet in F - MIDI

Good luck everyone.

Deadline

20th January Midnight US East Coast

ORC

The contest is a monthly contest so the deadline is programmed to be the 3rd sunday of the month. Voting stage will follow till the 4th sunday of the month. Next context will start again the first of the next month.

The Quick Rules Rundown

Step 1 -Submission:-

1. Anyone can enter regardless of your remixing ability.

2. Filesize is limited to 8 meg.

3. You may only enter one piece. but can collab on a second one.

4. When you've finished your entry, post it in the compo tha sauce system. HERE.

5. You may submit your piece as a MIDI, MP3 or OGG file.

Step 2 -Vote:-

Voting will be done via Thasauce. Voting stage will last 1 week from the 17th to the 24th Midnight .

About the comment:

You are now allowed to comment anytime EXCEPT during the voting stage..

that mean that once a mix is posted, you can feedback it, until the submission process is over. Remixer are able to fix/enhance it until the deadline. The date in the PM/Email will be used to upload the most recent one.

About a draw in the result:

It happen sometime. Both remixer are still officially Winner, but i'll ask the remixer with the less "Win" to send me his song.

i hope its doable! i figured you couldnt go wrong with four parts

And there, sir, is where you stake your grave misunderstanding. Consider what you have presented here:

a) A superficial imitation of Canon in D, which is

B) lacking cognisance of any contrapuntal form, closing with

c) an impossible fade-out, and even

d) the title has no grammatical grounds!

Gentlemen, this man has created nothing short of a musical abomination. And I hope you shall see fit, to return the favour.

cheers.

(and yes, I'm only teasing. Glad to have your contribution, Divine Wrath)

Gentlemen, this man has created nothing short of a musical abomination. And I hope you shall see fit, to return the favour.

Did someone call for a musical abomination? I believe I'm the guy you're looking for =)

This one's pretty open for creativity. Indeed, it seems quite "doable".

Of course, the only problem now is deciding on a genre, and wondering what instruments to use.

No doubt I'll cycle through about nine different genres before churning out something vaguely submittable.

Sounds fun, count me in!

My musical abomination is complete =)

Tha sauce player seems to have crushed the quality quite a bit (The bass wasn't that lo-fi, honest) though the mp3 download quality seems fine. Wierd.

Nontheless, it's uploaded.Though I might come back and make it better somehow since there's still a while left.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I can use this extension to try and fix whatever the hell's going on with my bass. I just don't get it, the mp3 sounds fine (in all aspects concerning the bass/quality, and not the overall crappiness of the mix :lol:) but once it reaches the player, the bass just goes horrible and lo-fi.

I guess it's just a matter of trial and error, and re-uploading till I get it right. Or till I end up being distracted by something shiny. Knowing me, most likely the latter.