OCR01967 - Romancing SaGa 3 "Romancing the Bossa"

djpretzel

Bladiator is now my personal hero. I've been in love with the Romancing SaGa 3 soundtrack (as well as the game) for quite some time now. It was great to see someone actually do something with one of the songs from it, let alone one of my favorites! I love that it was different than typical generic rock doujins I've heard of it and more melodic. <3

<3<3<3

Sorry my vote on this one was so brief, but really it's seemingly such an obvious pass, that it didn't seem to be much to really touch on besides that it was awesome. I love all the little rhythmic piano touches throughout, and the textures and harmonies added are excellent.

Very strong stuff, and a great way to start off the new year. :-)

Ah hell! Pianos Pianos Pianos! I simply cannot get enough. The latino edge added into the piano work made me do a jig in my seat as I listened. Well arranged.

Repetitions where repetitions are needed. The drum roll to symbol slap was a nice added touch as well. Adored how it picked up around 1:55ish. Very well put together, fun, giddy, happy, dance music from a less than renown game. A+ material in my book.

Hm... for some reason I've had the Bad Dudes EP that this was featured on downloaded for quite some time, but never really checked it out. I don't know why, I typically love your piano arrangements and I think that this one might be even more enjoyable than most. Sometimes the percussion can get a little much, but the flute is nice and chill all around, accentuates the beautiful piano, and is definitely a treat for the ears! It definitely would have benefited a lot from being played live, but I won't hold that against you ;-)

Great mix, how this one escaped me before now is beyond me :-P

I don't even post on the forums or anything but I dusted off my ancient account just to come in and say this is AWSOME. I really wish people would do more Romancing Saga music, Kenji Ito's compositions are just awsome. I love the fiestiness that was added to this boss theme I can really get energetic and down with it, I find the original to be a little more morose. (Which is good too.) Keep up the graeat work and I hope to see more Romancing Saga remixes in the future.

Ah, the convenience of being forced to listen to so many OCReMixes due to OCAD editing. This was a gorgeous piece that starts with a very emotive piano. The playing is exactly what the style calls for.

The main chunk of the first movement of the song, once the drums kick in, is awesome. Lots of layering and the lead being reinforced by the strings comes through without sounding cluttered. I wasn't a fan of the center-panned rim-tap, but that didn't stick around for too long and didn't greatly detract from the mix. It just stood out a little too much for me.

The second movement is great, once things pick up speed. It is here that the strings sound a little more fake-y, along with the flute. It still works for the song though, as it doesn't sound overly synthetic, and the accuracy of the rest of the instruments, especially the mixing and playing of the percussive instruments, more than compensates.

I'm not too familiar with the source tune, but coming at it from a song-solitary perspective, this is great. Well done!

I agree with what was said by the judges; the transition into the faster second part of the song does feel a little weird, and the flute doesn't sound particularly good, but neither of these two points really detract from my enjoyment of this song. It's fun, it's happy, it's jazzy and at the same time, it makes you wanna move.

Nice work.

• 2 years later...

Ah, latin piano! The first slower half was nice and easy to listen to, making it a top tapper for sure, but then when it picked up, I could feel the energy just take off! Going from classy to party in one fell swoop, that's genius for a guy like me. Perfect for groovin' with that latin vibe.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01967 - Romancing SaGa 3 "Romancing the Bossa"