Three in a Row- New Puzzle-Styled Original

JaredCowing

Hi everyone, hope your new years went well! I have a new original I recently wrote, it's written in a puzzle-game sort of style, pretty tense in many places like you're racing against a clock while trying to get all the pieces in a row or whatever the objective is. Feedback is always very much appreciated, I hope you like it!

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/299071

This is a great composition. The dynamics and rich reverb are strong points. However, the appropriateness for a puzzle game is limited. I'd avoid associating the music with an action puzzle game, but a puzzle game requiring careful thought may work with this song. Also, the mood would be ideal for vast outdoor stage during dusk in an adventure game, a cutscene, or even a meaningful moment in a movie. Good work.

Wow, very cool. =D

I like the variation throughout the song. It doesn't have a specific melody or anything, which I'm usually a huge fan of, so maybe I would suggest working on creating a kind of melody in there somewhere that repeats at least a little bit.

But it's really cool how it doesn't stay the same throughout the entire thing. Pretty inspiring.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the impressions, it really helps me gauge how well the piece works for people/how well it fits the style I tried to write it in! The piece (or a portion of it) has been moved to my new site which I just put up, you can hear it under 'Puzzle' at www.jaredcowing.com along with many many other clips! Feedback on the music and the site itself would be much appreciated, thanks!