*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 'Lava Twilight'

djpretzel

Sorry for all the hassle with this mix. I keep getting it deleted by stupid hosts who think everything with the .mp3 extension is illegal or something, so they delete my own work and disable my account. I've uploaded the file to another server now, one of a friend's. Please let me know once it has been downloaded because I need to remove it again once it's gotten to you.

It's been quite a while since I sent the mix now so I'm hoping to hear your opinions soon. =)

OK, so we're going retro electronica. Let's see what happens here.

This reminds me of those kickass tunes that play during MYTH or Deviance installs, for all you P1R4TZ out there. Distinctly lo-fi but thoroughly enjoyable. Unfortunatly, the sound quality here is more lofi through its frequency clarity, rather than just the retro samples. The kick is screaming for some high end. I think you've over-lowpassed it. Either kick up the res a bit, along with a little freq, and that might give it some more definition.

Like I said, it's very enjoyable and pretty well put together, but the whole caboodle smells of mud. Muddy, muddy, muddy, it be. Try for a more refined & defined sound. That's what we deal with here.

NO

-D