Touhou - UN Owen Was Her?

Aight, I was poking around the requests forum and I found one regarding Touhou...and since I've been getting my arse kicked all over the place by perfect cherry blossom, I figured I'd take a shot at it.

This is a pretty well known and well remixed theme from Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil, but I love the chorus so much that I had to do it.

Anyway, this is an orchestral piece, and it's very much like my previous mario piece which was rejected for various reasons.

It's heavily inspired by Danny Elfman (specifically, Beetlejuice and MIB)...just so you know what you're getting yourselves into.

If I update it at all before I sub, it will be minor changes to parts.

enjoy,

source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYQHMSN13j4

remix: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=8560903

I think the intro might be a little too atonal and dissonant for my tastes. Also, the song takes quite a long time to get into the main melody bread-n-butter of the song. Consider cutting out some fluff.

Also, I think you should roll back on the use of piano. It's mostly a solo instrument, I find. When used in a symphonic piece, it should go where it would have the most impact; like during the lull after the song's grand crescendo. If you have it everywhere, it is doing a job that the rest of the symphony (strings section, brass section) can do better in groups.

I think the intro might be a little too atonal and dissonant for my tastes. Also, the song takes quite a long time to get into the main melody bread-n-butter of the song. Consider cutting out some fluff.

Also, I think you should roll back on the use of piano. It's mostly a solo instrument, I find. When used in a symphonic piece, it should go where it would have the most impact; like during the lull after the song's grand crescendo. If you have it everywhere, it is doing a job that the rest of the symphony (strings section, brass section) can do better in groups.

I think the piano use here is pretty well within the concerto mold. I like it.