Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History

Bahamut

OMFG!!! A Megaman X project...OK guys, I'm shitty with music and stuff, but I would be more than willing to help with graphic design and possibly a website for the project, I am a long-time MMX fan, been playing it since I was in diapers...and still play it quite religiously...XD, anyways, if there's any way at all I can help other than my bad musical talent, please let me know...even if it's to use my ears...I may suck at producing music, but I have a great ear for it...

Kinslayer - I already have people in mind for both, so sorry.

melody, Dafydd - sure, but I have to approve of the direction the song is being taken in.

Edit: This isn't covering the Zero series music unfortunately

I was thinking a roughly 40%-tempo [insert whatever you call the genre that the Minibosses usually play, perhaps a little towards that of Linkin Park], otherwise keeping the arrangement pretty much verbatim. That work? I'll send you a wip asap.

Ouch guys, all this criticism really hurts. :/

@bahamut

His arms and legs were intentionally sized that way. I know in official artwork he is much bulkier, but this is OC Remix. The tracks on this site are from people who love and appreciate these great games, but are not remastered copies of the original. They contain elements of the original, so they are still identifiable, but then artistic liberties are taken so the track develops its own identity. Its one of the things i love most about this community, so took this same idea to heart when i drew X. I took my own artistic influences and ideas and combined them with several different designs of X. (and there are design differences. Over the years he grows taller and thinner in the way people draw him. Quite a few video game characters seem to have this happen over time, Sonic for example.)

So in this he is still clearly X, but with my own artistic flair and passion for the character.

@dyne. His head is there because hes crouching over towards camera. I wanted to give him a more dramatic and heroic pose then just standing there. He looks tense, like he's about to jump in and save the day. Or at least thats what i was going for.

@dafydd They are referring to his legs in the full drawing.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/darkspider_0/megamanxCOMPARE.jpg

@torzelan

Again, I made him thinner intentionally. I grew up reading a lot of comic books, which served as one of the major influences for my drawing techniques. And in American comics, a commonly used technique for hero characters is to (subtly) elongate their limbs and shrink their heads in proportion to the rest of their body. Thats why I drew him like that. I wanted to make him seem taller and heroic.

However the type face you are looking for is called fraulein. Im pretty certain its a free font.

i would like dibs on spiral pegacion/the skiver, and am 80% certain i would like volt kraken/squid adler (is that allowed, double dipping?)

edit: i like how no one likes x7

Sure, you can take those - sorry, I was away at work the whole day, and my daytime will be considerably limited until May for the most part. Just keep in mind the main things in the first post when doing the tracks, and of course register on the project forums!

Ouch guys, all this criticism really hurts. :/

@bahamut

His arms and legs were intentionally sized that way. I know in official artwork he is much bulkier, but this is OC Remix. The tracks on this site are from people who love and appreciate these great games, but are not remastered copies of the original. They contain elements of the original, so they are still identifiable, but then artistic liberties are taken so the track develops its own identity. Its one of the things i love most about this community, so took this same idea to heart when i drew X. I took my own artistic influences and ideas and combined them with several different designs of X. (and there are design differences. Over the years he grows taller and thinner in the way people draw him. Quite a few video game characters seem to have this happen over time, Sonic for example.)

So in this he is still clearly X, but with my own artistic flair and passion for the character.

@dyne. His head is there because hes crouching over towards camera. I wanted to give him a more dramatic and heroic pose then just standing there. He looks tense, like he's about to jump in and save the day. Or at least thats what i was going for.

@dafydd They are referring to his legs in the full drawing.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f92/darkspider_0/megamanxCOMPARE.jpg

@torzelan

Again, I made him thinner intentionally. I grew up reading a lot of comic books, which served as one of the major influences for my drawing techniques. And in American comics, a commonly used technique for hero characters is to (subtly) elongate their limbs and shrink their heads in proportion to the rest of their body. Thats why I drew him like that. I wanted to make him seem taller and heroic.

However the type face you are looking for is called fraulein. Im pretty certain its a free font.

I know it was intentional, but it bothers me personally. I just don't think it's a great choice of artistic flair.

• Liontamer changed the title to Mega Man X series: Maverick Rising - History